Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Rules for Admin All Chat

I Love Lamp

How about when there are two people left in Jailbreak and there both moving around for the past 2 minutes not finding each other. Someone used all chat to tell them to go to big cage.

Is that okay?

if somebody makes an admin-abuse report for something that trivial, they will be yelled at over the internet

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think in stead of usingall chat to warn, maybe we should PM the person who broke the rules, as I find that other players might flame that person. EX.

(ALL)Lt. Awesome91: Player1, Please do not freekill/freeshoot/give false orders again, or you will be teamswitched.

(To save sine time, im putting all the name)

Player(s)2-10: FREEKILLER!BAN BAN BAN! FREEKILLER!! YOUR GONING TO GET BANNED! etc....

If this and if he still does it, then switch him.

• 2 months later...
Entering nothing at all, because you somehow fat fingered the y, shift+2, and enter keys simultaneously ( I recommend a bigger keyboard, fattie). This is NOT OK!

Talking to another admin about anything at all ( you should be using @ in Team comm or PM). This is NOT OK!

LMFAO!!

@ LtAwesome's comment

This command is more suitable:

sm_psay 'partialname' 'text' -> For specific players so people don't get spammed to death (and it helps reduce @say, @msay spam)

These don't need to be used as often as they are being used right now:

sm_say 'text' -> Used strictly for server-wide announcements only (for instance, in jailbreak "CTs do not bait")

sm_msay 'text' -> Seriously, there is no point in using that one. It causes your keyboard to lose sanity for a moment (unless you ESC out of it, lol)

These two above commands should not be used for anything else at all in fact.

And seriously with Jailbreak guys, please stop using @msay / sm_msay for stuff about switching back to CT... the whole server doesn't need to hear it and have to interact with your msay message. Please use @say , @psay, chat, or voice chat the person directly.

While on Jailbreak, I use !msay to say about the Teamswitching... This is because while in the chatbox, the !say admin chat sometimes will fly up the screen due to the jailbreak mod. Using !msay will keep the message on the screen long enough so players can read it, without it being pushed off the screen...

just saying !msay is easier to see, and players take note of it, rather than a !say message being pushed off the screen before you know it with JB chat spam.

• 4 weeks later...

But then again !msay is usefull. Why? Say a Ct gets switched. Dont you think we can use !msay just to say no switching back? its really not right if they dont see the private messgae or their raging horribly. But If something pops up on the screen, If your anything like me i go wtf is that and read it. I dont pay attention to CHAT much

But then again !msay is usefull. Why? Say a Ct gets switched. Dont you think we can use !msay just to say no switching back? its really not right if they dont see the private messgae or their raging horribly. But If something pops up on the screen, If your anything like me i go wtf is that and read it. I dont pay attention to CHAT much

At one point perhaps that would be useful. However, it's far too overused at this point and instead of trying to say when and how it can/can't be used, it's going to be across the board disallowed.

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!

I am honestly so tired of yelling at admins not to use !msay all the time. I do believe it can be useful SOMETIMES (these being say warning of a server restart or trying to get the attention of EVERYONE in the server NO MATTER WHAT (which that should only be done once every blue moon anyway)) but the amount it is used right now is ridiculous. I think the worst is how most admins now automatically teamswitch and then !msay Switch back and ban. HOW DOES THIS HELP AT ALL? Try using regular admin chat to explain the situation and why they need to sit out A FEW ROUNDS (not the rest of their time online but A FEW) to learn how to play better.

I think these rules can be even tougher, ever since the oncoming of a ton of new admins over Summer, nobody knows how to be admin any more, and there aren't enough experienced admins on to teach everyone. Even when there are a few experienced admins on, the new admins like to just ignore them since they can't use their admin on other admins. More trusted admins need to be in JB imo (and I know this can be difficult, but it would be so helpful) in order to control the admins who are supposed to know how to control the server.

[/rant]

Yeah as soon as people started making msay BINDS for things like "Switch back = ban" or whatever, I figured it had gone too far. However there does need to be some way of making all chat more prevalent in the chat box. We used msay because all chat tends to get swamped down by regular chat or server messages/advertisements.

Yeah as soon as people started making msay BINDS for things like "Switch back = ban" or whatever, I figured it had gone too far. However there does need to be some way of making all chat more prevalent in the chat box. We used msay because all chat tends to get swamped down by regular chat or server messages/advertisements.

That's what admins are there for...

reduce the amount of spam by players, for example, when lead says type out what you want to do today, make sure people dont spam it and only type it once or twice.

Even though chat may be swamped, you can give out a verbal warning, one through your Mic, Aswell as one through admin chat, and afterwards, if they continue to do whatever you told them not to, then you can take proper actions...

In reality, there are not that many server advertisements or messages, it is simply the amount of spam from players.

Yeah you can easily tell them on the mic or in chat if you're both dead. Freekillers can read too. But with the rioting mod, the advertisements, the race button mod, and all the other crap people like to fandangle with... yeah a LARGE part of the chat is server-side.

Agreed.

I went ahead and added that to the official Jailbreak update request thread. I'll make sure Cr(+)sshair can work something out with it, and start checking up on the thread more often. :)

https://hellsgamers.com/threads/29946-***Official-JailBreak-Update-Request-Thread***

Thanks guys!