Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

*Retired* ?

WhataWackaMonk

Hey guys,

So I've been looking round the forums....being bored (Waiting for Perp :D)....you know, and I realize that because this community is quite old, naturally it has had quite a few people come and go. Some of these guys, have been well respected members.

When you *leave* HG, your tags are removed, and you are demoted to *Friend of HG*. This is very heart touching and stuff :'( but it makes it hard to differentiate between ex-councel members and guys sitting around waiting for their disrespect ban to be re-reviewed.

Although the quality of the post makes it quite obvious, I am proposing (Not demanding, not saying *DO THIS*.....saying: Hey guys, wut do you think of this?) that Instead of *Friend of HG*, ex-HG Members (Prob not recruits) get the title; Ex-Member, Ex-Veteran, Ex-Councel/dL/A/uP ect. (Or something along those lines).

I get the point that once you leave, you leave.....no coming back w/o starting new...and am not suggesting a change to that system....

Wut do you guys think? Too much hassle? Great idea? Or do you think it would be an unnecessary addition to the community?

People who leave usually leave to cut off all association with HG. They volunteer to be "Friends" of HG to be non-affiliates. Why "honor" them then when they don't want to be honored?

Good point. Maybe give them a choice? Some of them have contributed a lot and just don't have time to be a *member*. Some guys have left, but still hang around and on good terms.....only left for time reasons/orther.

*Honour XD

*Honour XD

In America it's spelled Honor.

I like this idea, but my spin on it would be-

People who are retirees are still in HG, they step down from [C] as they are inactive. So, the tag should be given to members+ who make a long term absence thread so they are kind of marked as inactive long term.

I'm thinking as requested, kind of thing.

Then it wouldn't be a big burden, you can ask for it.

Say I took a leave of absence (I'm not, just an example)

And I wrote

Hi guys, there's been a family emergency and I'll need to be living with my grandma because she now has alzheimers and is spelling everything "gobbelty gook". I'll be back in a few months, but me and my family need to live with her until she can get into a good nursing home. Keep tags please.

Vs.

Hi guys, there's been a family emergency and I'll need to be living with my grandma because she now has alzheimers and is spelling everything "gobbelty gook". I'll be back in a few months, but me and my family need to live with her until she can get into a good nursing home. Mark me as inactive and I'll see you in a few months.

(I'm not, just an example)

So it's more of an inactive tag.

Edited by jajolt
Fail ninja

The thought is excellent but like [HG] I Love Lamp said:

The problem is that it becomes another thing we have to monitor/keep up. We already have a tag for Council/staff retirees.

But couldn't that be easily fixed?

Its not like members have obligations unless they want to move up.

Let's say a regular member would want to step up and get more involved with the gaming community, They could take that responsibility for themselves. Set some criterion such as being a member for a min of X years and in good standing (very little/no abuse reports against them), if they meet the criterion, they can talk to Staff about taking up the responsibilities.

Only reason I suggest this is that DL+ seems to have a lot of responsibilities and that this would help out any members who would like to "move up the ladder". But that is just an idea, no need to act on it.

The thought is excellent but like [HG] I Love Lamp said:

But couldn't that be easily fixed?

Let's say a regular member would want to step up and get more involved with the gaming community, They could take that responsibility for themselves. Set some criterion such as being a member for a min of X years and in good standing (very little/no abuse reports against them), if they meet the criterion, they can talk to Staff about taking up the responsibilities.

Only reason I suggest this is that DL+ seems to have a lot of responsibilities and that this would help out any members who would like to "move up the ladder". But that is just an idea, no need to act on it.

I personally think members should get more volunteer opportunities.

[HG] I Love Lamp

Hehehe

But being serious now

I'm thinking as requested, kind of thing.

Then it wouldn't be a big burden, you can ask for it.

It would still be a burden because people who didn't ask would go around asking "Hey, why didn't I get that? GIMME IT"

I didnt realize this..... sorry :)

I guess Im suggesting the option for members to ask for a tag when they leave.......or something like that..

I dunno......It's just a vague suggesting.......

Even better, we can just add the tag for the community they joined under their name. That way everyone knows!!!

Bad idea. Unnecessary and in the end mostly bad.

Real.