Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Make Rep Local?

Make Rep Local  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This probably should have been done from the very beginning, but I didn't really want to deal with the hassle. Anyways, lately it's become clear that the massive amounts of rep from the CS:S JB server are ruining the game play of others on the CS:GO server, who have a very unfair advantage.

Currently, rep is global to both the servers (strictly out of ease), which means that the same rep you have in CS:S, you will have in CS:GO. The way I have the DB set up is that it actually saves players rep locally when they join the server, but it uses the global value. So if you never played the CS:GO JB server, your rep is currently 0 locally to that server. So here's what I'm thinking of doing.

• All players who have rep over 20, 000 (currently 46, including staff, 39 excluding) will have their rep capped at 20, 000
  • There are logs on the CS:S server for all rep given to other players VIA !giveplayer, so I will manually check every single one of those 39 players, and if their rep came from the CS:S server, their rep will be capped at 20, 000. But if there is no record of anyone giving them rep, IE, it was actually earned in the CS:GO server, their rep will be as high as w/e.
  • All previous donations can be reclaimed at a STRICT rate of 350 rep per dollar. IE, you will not receive more rep for donating more.

Note: I have taken a DB backup as of today, January 7th at 2pm PST, and if the idea goes through that's the DB that will be used (all rep gained between now and that point will vanish)

This is just an idea that I thought of, because it never quite made since to have two servers using the same rep. Oh well, vote now and leave your thoughts. I'd like to keep this as civilized as possible, so if you're trolling, or don't have anything useful to contribute your post will just be deleted.

woah that was not expected from the bombwhore, anyways whats the big difference in rep between css and csgo?

Nothing. It's exactly the same.

The problem is that 99% of the server was starting from 0 rep. Level 10 gangs were the highest on the server, then BAM. People from CS:S come with 1 million rep and are like "LOL K, HERE'S A LEVEL 21 GANG. HAVE IT, ITS COO".

You only say that because you know you can give yourself 5 million rep.

The fuck idk why people say that, only reason i have that rep is to give people who donate $$ to HG.

And i dont go around sharing it to everyone making people;s gang level 21.

I keep it to my self.

Edit: Back to point i dont have rep powers, i cant give my self rep.

Yes and no. Yes to separating the rep, but no to removing the CSS rep. Because i like my rep, and i don't really give much of it away nor do it corrupt the server with it,

So yes separate the rep, but don't take mine away.

Nothing. It's exactly the same.

The problem is that 99% of the server was starting from 0 rep. Level 10 gangs were the highest on the server, then BAM. People from CS:S come with 1 million rep and are like "LOL K, HERE'S A LEVEL 21 GANG. HAVE IT, ITS COO".

Get average amount of rep people have in cs:s port it over to cs:go. Solved?

honestly i like the idea of local JB rep as i pretty much play only CSGO, however....

i just traded TF2 items for some JB rep in the CSS server, in the amount of 9k bringing me up to 49k. if this goes through i will have my rep reset down to 20k there bye losing 29k reps.....

i can live with losing the 9k from the css server, but losing the added 20k is going to be a big kick in the dick for me.....

Edited by ViridionPlague

what about all the people that donated alot of money for the rep? or traded people for stuff with there own stuff that they paid for? ex: i had alot of perp cash, traded accsick for 100k jb rep in css, now im going to lose 80k? plus the 20k i already had? correct me if i am wrong, i just dont like the idea one bit

@viridion, as I said I have logs of all rep given to other players, so at the most you'd lose the 9k.

And all people who actually donated money to HG for rep, you'd still get 350 rep per dollar donated to HG. And for those of you who traded $10 dollars of game for $100 of rep, I don't really feel sorry at all capping your rep at 20k. And remember, your rep will only be 20k on the GO server, it wouldn't change on source.

Well no one on that plays CSGO often enough has bought much rep. Even if they did:

• If we ever decide to give more points per dollar (for example 400 points per dollar) all previous donators will be recomponsated upon request same goes with if server gets hard reset.

Also, I might remind you all that it would be a really bad idea to make any under the table transactions for rep, especially in the next few days. Why? Because if we do go through with this, your rep will be reverted back to the amount you had a few days before I posted this.