Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Confirming How Zs Works For Wonderland

I got into an argument with Wonderland on the mechanics of ZS. I ran across this issue multiple times with bone meshes before but Wonderland didn't believe this mechanic actually exists. I personally believe that understanding all the mechanics of the game is important when you are moderating the game so you know what is going on, or why people would want to votekick a boss zombie who is preventing other boss zombies from spawning. That and a side note about not calling others retarded for discussions on how the game works but w/e that mentality never changes.

The mechanic: On the zombie team near a full server (6? bosses possible) when some but not all of the bosses die, the zombie list of bosses at the top middle that normally appears at round end will not appear. If the other bosses do not die and that list does not re-appear, there will be no new bosses spawned.

It has happened a few times in games I have been in, and I believe this to be correct. It is something like at least 3 bosses have to be alive but I am not confident on the exact number. Can someone, preferably someone who Wonderland trusts to give a correct answer on this, answer if I am correct on this assumption, or if I am wrong in some way correct me to what is truly going on?

My intention is not to start a fight with the admins. I just want this issue straightened out and also know if I am wrong.

• Like 1

I asked and confirmed with northground in game as havok and i talked about this. Northgrounds exact words were " only one slot wont reset ".. Im sorry that you feel this way havok but division leader is who im going to believe .. to shed further detail on the situation most of the bosses were bonemesh attacking a skycade and thus had no reason to suicide. The shitspam that floodrd chat spearheaded by havok was unnacceptable but thats another story for another time.

I personally have seen bosses spawn with no text dialog showing whos going to be what.

I would also like to add causing a commotion in game then coming to forums to stir up more problems just makes everyone look bad. When there are 5 bonemeshes alive and you start votekicking people because you believe something that may or may not even be accurate.....

Edited by Wonderland

You are right that my actions are causing more of a commotion than it truly needs to and I apologize for being rude yesterday but I just do not know where else besides the forums to address the multiple moderators/division leaders to come to a consensus on this issue. This isn't the first time this problem has come up and right now I have no clear guidance on what is acceptable to do for myself or others when they are zombie bosses. Even within this forum topic I am hearing multiple sides and am not sure of the correct action.

Yesterday's game when I first mentioned vote kicking I saw 3 bosses alive and the previous wave had no message of boss zombies spawning. I could be wrong on the boss count but that is what I saw when going through the player list. I did not check to see if other admins were already online. At the time I believed in the mechanic I stated above without any reason to question it.

I chose vote kick over vote zlist because I am not sure zlist will immediately kick them out of their boss zombie, and thus doesn't help the problem currently happening.

I also understand for bonemeshes in particular setting up that sweet sweet perfect angle where you are not getting hit by humans but you are doing the maximum barricade damage takes a long time to set up and forcing yourself to die and reset that angle is very painful. For me I spend on average 2 minutes firing shots slightly differently trying to get that perfect shot I am looking for.

I am looking for the right thing to for both when I am boss zombie and for when others are and I see this issue happening. From what Fume said it sounded like even if I found that perfect angle, if I don't see the zombie boss list after round I should kill my boss reguardless of what angle I found. I should also continue informing people to do the same or vote kick others unless most of the bosses are still alive. From what wonderland is saying I should not kill my boss if I found a good angle and likewise I should not be telling people to kill themselves after the wave end or vote kicking them. Also there are multiple people telling others to kill their bosses after the round and I don't know if I should support or oppose their judgement.

What should I and others do? I do not want this to be "It depends on what admin is on the server at that time". I have seen servers like that and those situations are what really look bad.

Nobody did anything wrong as bosses yesterday. Thats why nobody got zlocked or anything. It was bonemeshes being bonemeshes. . They wernt taking damage so nonreason to suicide. There were two rounds that no bosses spawned because they were all still alive as bonemeshed attacking the other cade. I do appriciate your eagerness to get the zombies on trac .. but as fume knight said unless its intentionally trying to prevent bosses.. ... you are allowed to votezlist bosses for wasting them if you have a valid reason. And thats the correct way of handling it... me personally bonemesh is my fave boss and ill stay alive for 3 to 4 waves or as long as im able untill ticklemares open.. the best way to figure out this mechanic havok would be to just ask forrest when he gets on at some point. He would know over anyone

Edited by Wonderland
  • Like 1

Alright, well I will try to pay more attention to how many bosses are alive vs how many should be spawning so I can make a more informed decision next time about votezlisting, especially if one of the bosses is afk. If I catch Forrest on at some point I will try talking to him. As for myself, I probably am not going to risk it and will just die when I don't see the spawn list show up.