Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Back To School Mission 8

Menoch

Why can't Auto Bhop believe on top of its nun? The charge graduates Auto Bhop behind the patience. Your blow irons the motivating subway over an ocean. The midnight moans past a sentence. Will this gate halve the honorary symphony?

Auto Bhop recovers the reign without a no chapter. Auto Bhop introduces Auto Bhop under a rarest victory. The nick tears across the interactive vain. Auto Bhop graduates Auto Bhop below a fan. A so prophet jams under the flushed nerve. The ringed recovery corrects the indicator.

Auto Bhop holds Auto Bhop with the invading collective. Auto Bhop starves. Why does the champion owner suffer the union exhibit? Auto Bhop thirsts behind the refreshing faithful.

Autobhop is probably the BEST thing to happen to mg in a while. Auto bhop is bringing at least life and discussion back to minigames. Auto bhop is a great thing for mg; you can just look at our pop and see why, but if you cant then you have some real mental problems. I could go on and on about how auto bhop is better for mg, and so I will.

The first reason auto bhop is better for mg is that it’s just some change. Minigames has been sitting here dead as we all poke it with a stick and do nothing. So someone finally did something and added auto bhop to try and make some changes. If you look at all the other mg servers with population, they have auto bhop and advertise the shit out of it, and it works. People try and say, I liked hg minigames for not using auto bhop; it was more fun without it. Those are the same people who never played it for the longest time, and just let it die. If you are going to argue that we should remove it because it was better without, then why didn’t you play it without it?

The next reason auto bhop is better for mg is that it’s easier for new players. For mg we get lots of members, and we also get lots of randoms. I can remember like a week ago when it was me and one other mod (I think James) and about 10 random people. I could tell that they were new, and really didn’t know how to play. But we were all having fun just playing some casual mg. Another example of why auto hop is so much better is that last update (2 weeks ago) we had at least 15-20 people on and with the update broke auto hop, we had Pyrrhic come on and enable it, but for about 30 mins we had everybody complaining about where auto bhop was and asking us to fix it.

My last reason that auto bhop is better for mg is that it’s bringing on more people. If you look at the population charts we have had more people get on than before. Before we added auto bhop we had a good 4-month period with just no spikes, no population at all. Here is our chart for the past month https://i.imgur.com/PGdvhL7.png and it has some population. You can clearly see that it is getting more players than before. Some people still complain about it, but changes need to be done or the server is just going to die.

Over all, auto bhop is just better for mg than without. It makes it better to play a lone if your just trying to get pop, and just makes more sense. We had a dead server just sitting there with nothing changing, and your allowed to not like auto hop. But if you don’t like it, does not mean that everyone hates it. You can voice your opinion on it all you want, but in the end it gets more people and that’s what we need.

jb is way to strict and not fun and ttt is ttt so mg is like the only good thing left amirite

Edited by Vel'Roz
  • Like 7

Jg

Menoch

September 8, 2017

Mission 8

It has long been debated on wether automatic bunny hopping is good for the mini games server, especially since when it was added, but I am here to tell you why it is in fact good for the server.

HellsGamers was not the first community I joined I used to be a member of PG and I had a ton of fun times there, one of which was mini games. The PG mini games server has automatic bunny hopping which made it really fun for me to play. There population was usually around fifteen players even on a bad day so on a good day you are seeing around thirty, which I would like to add was yesterday’s goal so if we add the mini games they have maybe we will have the same amount of success, and it made it really fun.

Now you may be asking why does automatic bunny hopping effect the population. To simply explain it you will look at how people behave. People like to be able to do something right and not have to struggle to accomplish it so with automatic bunny hopping they can do it right without struggling.

In conclusion the main reasons why automatic bunny hopping is good for the server is because it increases population, majority like it (Supa’s poll), and it makes people feel like they are doing something right opposed to being told they are doing it wrong which can create a friendlier environment.

Edited by Jg.
  • Like 1

Practising bhopping can be hard and may discourage new players

Every player still differentiates him/herself still cause being skilled in bhop will still be advantageous

New players will stay longer

It learns ppl to experience bhopping without ppl having to focus on it

Skill will define u as a player but it will no longer be a requirement to enjoy in the fun

Bhop was a smart thing to add to MG. probably 99% of MG servers have autobhop, so when a player comes onto a server that doesn't have it they will most likely complain and leave. Now BHOP has been added newer players may be more likely to stick around, continuing the growth of the player base. Bhop I generally a bit of fun, it makes certain parts on course maps more possible and easier for players who aren't as good at long jumps or legit bhop.

Even though overall Bhop is a good thing, there are certain times that I believe it should be switched off. Certain kill maps, such as all of them, can be ruined by the addition of bhop, it turns gun battles into who can bhop and backstab the best, its very awkward to shoot people while they are bhopping while it is relatively easy for the to knife you, so if you cant beat them, you join them, then no one uses guns and it gets kind of old, bhop on kill maps is what almost killed a popular server that I used to play on, people just got sick of it, when they removed it from certain maps then people came back.

In conclusion bhop is very good when used proportionally, in my opinion it should be removed from every kill map, apart from the ones that have surf or those platforms that boost your speed, as those are clearly made for bhop e.g. Ski.

BTW when typing I have to press each letter 2-3 times for it to register, took ages to write this because of it.

am i the only one actually about to write an essay

Why autobhop is good for MG [5 paragraphs.]

Although I personally disagree with autobhop on MG at first, I will give you 3 reasons why the autobhop plugin is good for the minigames server and how it changed my feelings towards it. Before autohop was added, MG was dead and had 0 population, also it makes some course maps easier, and it also gives people who know how to use autohop to their advantage.

Minigames was completely dead without autohop, population lower than I've ever witnessed before, with a consistant 0-5 people on at one time during a day for multiple weeks. Everyone should be aware of how unpopulated Minigames was and that it needed that little boost (or hop) to get it going again. Joe, and staff, decided to add autohop to minigames, ever since it was added, yes, people were complaining about it, however, minigames was having more than 10 people on a day at once. Which is really good compared to before. Plus nearly every MG server I've ever been on which wasn't HG, had autohop, and they were very fun servers to play on.

Minigames also has some really hard course maps, or at least some parts of a course map are hard. Therefore autohop was required to beat some of the maps unless you're a bhop god. Examples of said maps are mg_adev, last stage, last jump. and all the maps that require you to bhop a specific part or it resets/minuses your hp if you don't bhop correctly. I also love the fact that autohop is on course maps because I personally love speedrunning maps, like acrophobia, you can literally
SKIP
certain parts of the map, such as the left or right blocks in the beginning and you can just easily do the map with it. It's an advantage that everyone can use, bringing me to my next paragraph.

Everyone can use autohop the way they can, before people were complaining to map creators that bhopping was too OP on some maps (cough cough, warmcup_headshot) and they literally had to disable jumping properly (everytime one jumped, it would drag you straight to the ground), and that isn't fun. I personally always bhop on MG, legit or autohop, and I always hit the nuttiest kills with both. I've seen people using autohop to their advantage by knifing, (getting a lot of speed and knifing people in the back), some I see autohop has a running away from someone type of method. Lot's of people can use autohop how they feel like, and it makes it fair for everyone.

Once again, I personally, at first, did not like the addition to autohopping, like most did. But autohop is slowly growing onto me, and I really like the new addition of bhopping, and I think more people do as well.
Edited by James
  • Like 2

Minigames is a server that has long struggled with the issue of an empty server that sees little to none population during most of the day. We want to attract new and old people to the server so we can increase the traffic on the server to make sure that we can attract people of the search directory. The end goal obviously is to get more people into this great community and to see the server grow. The plus side of this Homer might get some new rims for the BMW and he might notice us one day and grace us with his presence. To do this we needed a change to server because if a server has no one on it (unless it a new server) then it needs to change or be sent to the same place as the Strategy Division (RIP if you bring it back I will accept Starcraft 2 DS nudge nudge Archer). Now this change to server being made was the addition of Auto Bhop to the server and this was something that needed to be done. Now in HG we don't really think or talk about other communities' servers because we don't really care or in my case think they're inferior. We are competing with other servers whether we like to admit it or not. Like Jailbreak and TTT I think we have hands down the best servers but they still have room for improvement. Minigames is not up to par with the other two because it had long stagnated in development. Because of this we fell behind the other Minigames servers. The main thing that our server lacked is Auto Bhop which put us majorly behind the other servers. Auto Bhop is what the competition is using and we must keep us with the times so we can keep the server alive. This has gotten more people to stay on the server so that we can keep adding people to the community and stay up with the competition.

Auto Bhop is making the server change in multiple ways that benefit the play of the server. Now that there is Auto Bhop it makes certain courses and obstacles easier to overcome so people don't get as frustrated and continue to play. Even for more experienced players it makes annoying obstacles on course maps faster to get past making the veterans keep playing. With this addition it allows for even more skill based play so that you hop around and make it more interesting to play on new and old maps. This higher skill ceiling lets people who don't have as much to give them a goal to get towards. Think about the first time you played Jailbreak you sucked (At least I did) you barely knew what was going on and you wanted to get better. Maybe you don't play JB (becuase you think it's cancer but if you ask a JB player TTT is cancer) think about the first time you tried to Bhop it probably didn't go so well but you put some time into it and now you can hit the boost of Deagle Cage while playing Sanic Music Bhopping through Blue Room. This is to show perspective because people want to get that skill and to keep playing. This has a downside because some people will get upset that James hops from the across the map in 2 seconds to Phoon the shit out of you. But as more people play the more fun it becomes as the challenge and skill has increased all around. The change brings a faster pace to the server when it would be otherwise slow at times. I've had more fun on Minigames since this change and it at least does something for the server.

This paragraph is about to be half Shitposting. What other choice was there for the server it was dead and something needed to be done. We were not going to ad Workshop to the server and pray that Lord Gaben didn't come by and make us a Wide Receiver out of a Tight End. We could add some new maps that wouldn't do too much for the server except for the people on it which wouldn't add to the population. Turn it into a 24/7 100 Traps server because that would never work. This is the first step that needed to be done so that we can keep the server around. Work still needs to be done on the server so that we can draw in more people to this great community. Auto Bhop is the biggest and best change that has happened to the server in almost two years so we shouldn't even question it. If you look at the vote thread it clear that people like the change or understand that we need it and it shouldn't go away anytime soon. At the very least it's making us money so that we can keep our servers running and keep Upper Management from deleting the server. We know that money is what keeps this community around and our Teamspeak so I can talk to all the cool cats like Pickles and have a good time. Because Fuck it if we can keep the flow going so Homer can buy new rims every month then it needs to be done. I much like to keep playing on our servers and I'm sure the vast majority of people would like too as well. So lets keep hopping around and have a good time like we should. Make HellsGamers Great Again and Rims on the BMW.

Btw if I win can my prize be Recruit?

Auto bhop is great on HS only maps. Can't hit people in the head? No worries, you can just fly across the map like a butterfly floating around everywhere and then back-stab them with your knife like its Modern Warfare, siphon their health, and be immune to 1 shot kills on maps that require you to die in 1 shot. Need to Bhop at a very specific speed to do certain course maps? Too bad, with Auto bhop you might as well be flying as you reach Mach 3 speeds and literally fly over the entire course itself. Best example of this would be 13in getting banned because I honestly have no clue if that is a shortcut or an exploit. I had never seen it done until someone got banned for it. I am assuming it was mistaken for an exploit since I personally had never seen it done and I am assuming Jason had never seen it done either. MaTt the Master of Mini-games should know. During the last major MG event whenever I was on that course I still had never seen anyone do it. However, thanks to Auto Bhop, we can now ALL shortcut some of these course maps. Afraid Auto bhop will take the challenge out of some course maps like it did with the one that has a shortcut? Well no worries, you can always do 100traps. Best way to beat 100traps? Have MaTt come on and spectate him and that way you can feel like your MaTt and for the first time ever get past trap 7.

Hey Menoch, I am too sarcastic for this. Auto Bhop should really be course maps only or vote to turn on / off. Especially on that 1 MG map where you need to use smoke grenades to kill your opponents and no one can hit each other due to being faster then Pyrrhic when he no-clips.

I really like minigames, so I'll write this essay well. It might seem crazy to do this, but minigames is fun as hell. At first I didn't like auto bhop, and I still don't like it much. Those hecking noobs just use it, to win a stupid clutch.

I was mod for mg faithfully, for over a year or more. Now you see where I'm coming from, when auto bhop's what I deplore. But after it was added, my opinions began to change. I began to use it more, which really was kind of strange.

I really still don't like it, but it helped population increase. So I can't argue against it, or my staff opportunities would cease :) Your wondering why this is rhyming, and I genuinely don't know. But if you don't like this post, well then your just a ho. But seriously though, auto bhop helped the minigames server grow.