Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Who Is Pongo?

Menoch

As part of a new concept for HGCE Outreach, we are trying to bring to you interviews of some of the leadership in HG. Maybe you'll get to know them maybe a little bit more then you did before and to make leadership feel a little more personal to all. Our first interview is none other than Pongo, A CS:GO Divisional Leader.

Q: When did you originally join HG?

A: I joined HG in March of 2016. Prior to joining HG I would playing on my brothers account secretly. I would get him in trouble by freekilling on his account. I’m reformed now though, when I got CS:GO I saw that HellsGamers had a jailbreak server. It was all I played on so I joined.

Q: What do you prefer CS:S jailbreak or CS:GO Jailbreak?

A: CS:S jailbreak was a lot different from CS:GO. I used to play with a lot of old-school people, like consuela and such. However, I prefer CS:GO jailbreak for the fact that it’s where I met most of my friends in HG.

Q: What is the future of CS:GO Jailbreak?

A: Currently focused on repopulating jailbreak, we are hoping as summer comes around that more people will come on and get a constant population. We are also trying to rework the map making it more fun and add fresh content for people to play and try out.

Q: While playing jailbreak who is your all time favorite lead?

A: My favorite lead has to be Peacemaker. He keeps the game interesting in his own unique way. He is also a very funny person who keeps the whole server laughing.

Q: What day do you never want to have on Jailbreak?

A: First reaction, last reaction, it’s such a boring day to have. Along with having the Ts unstack along the deagle cage fence. Find something better to do as a lead.

Q: Who did you get involved with initially?

A: Joe was probably the first person I really got to know in HG. We both are British mates. From there I started to meet the rest of the community.

Q: What are your tips for getting involved as a recruit?

A: Throw yourself into deep end and get to know people, go into teamspeak channels and just start talking to people. Everyone here is friendly. That’s the key to being a good recruit is getting know the people in HG.

Q: Why did you initially leave HG?

A: I didn’t have the time for HG back then and I regret leaving and having to have redone the whole process of rejoining. I should have taken an LOA and I’d advise anyone thinking of leaving to try an LOA first.

Q: What made you want to get more involved in HG?

A: All the time I had put in made me want to help more. Being staff allows me to help improve the clan and in turn make it rewarding for others and myself as well.

Q: Have you had any rough moments in HG?

A: Yes because I have to balance HG with a full-time job. HG can sometimes feel like a second job, but it is something I really enjoy and love to put my spare time towards.

Q: How do you find it being a Division Leader in a different timezone?

A: It can be hard due to time differences for things such as staff meetings we have at 2 am and it messes up my sleep schedule. However, I have fixed my schedule now to no longer play up until 3 am.

Q: What work do Division Staff do behind the scenes that members don’t see?

A: One of the main things staff do out of game is managing bans on the HG bans page. They also promote recruits to members, as well as mods (who can apply here anytime). They also continuously talk in Slack to constantly improve the division. They also keep the forums clean and organized, and don’t just focus on what happens in-game only.

Q: How do you find the change from SupaNipplez to SpawnMatrix as your co-dL?

A: Supa had a lot of knowledge since he was dL for a long time and Spawn being a server manager has been able to do a lot of things behind the scenes Supa nor I were able to do.

Q: What advice would you give to people interested in moderator or staff for CS:GO?

A: Get involved and be nice (don’t be a twat). Occasional banter is fine, just don’t be toxic. Being active is also important. If you are interested, you can apply for mod here.

Q: Which event(s) have you really enjoyed in HG?

A: Slav’s Typeracer event was really fun (shoutout to slav) because it was an “out of the box†event. As for CS:GO, Hyperion’s TTT Bomberman event was great as it brought in a lot of population and added a different playstyle to TTT.

Q: What game(s) do you play the most besides CS:GO?

A: Fortnite and Rocket League.

Q: Why Rocket League?

A: I love football (soccer) and the addition of flying cars is great. Games are also nice and short (around 5 minutes) so you can play on average 6 in 30 minutes.

Q: What is your favorite place to go in Fortnite and why?

A: The petrol station in between Retail Row and the Prison because nobody else really goes there and there is a lot of good loot.

Q: What is your go-to Fortnite setup?

A: A Scar or AR, double pump shotgun, silenced pistol, and bolt-action sniper rifle.

Q: What do you think is currently the most annoying thing on Fortnite?

A: You can shoot someone in the head with a shotgun but only deal 9 damage, it grinds my titties.

Q: Are you more of a fort builder or do you run around looking for fights?

A: I never build forts since I’m not really good at it and I prefer to play aggressively.

Q: What game do you think HG should add to the division roster?

A: I think they should add Rocket League. The game will soon have dedicated servers and we can then host tournaments. I’m unsure if we would have enough people for it but it would be cool. I would love to have a tournament for it.

Q: Is Division Leader your ideal rank or do you see yourself as an Associate Director of Gaming Divisions?

A: Potentially, but I am mainly CS:GO oriented. For now, dL is the perfect position.

Q: How would you compare Moderator to Division Staff to Division Leader?

A: Staff and mod was fun but as a dL it allows me to help and direction the CS:GO division more. I’m a manager in my day-to-day job which helps me as dL and my the experience I gain as dL also helps me at my job as well.

Q: What happened when you rejoined HG?

A: I applied to rejoin HG but then decided to cancel my application. The recruitment team saw from my in-game logs that I was dodgy so I was going to be reject since the application reviewer was someone who wasn’t in CS:GO and didn’t realize it was just usual banter amongst friends. Two months later I reapplied and successfully joined HG.

Q: What are your intentions behind your current CS:GO Jailbreak Giveaway?

A: The main idea is to get population back. I rather have a 1 month long event to get a more stable population by the end rather than an event which gets population for only 1-2 days. The most active players will receive prizes and the top prize is $60 worth of CS:GO skins supplied by me.

Q: What are your reasons behind the specific prizes?

A: Jailbreak is what brought a lot of people into HG and I want to get it back to where it used to be. For all the good times HG has given me, I think it’s time I give back with my contribution to the giveaway.

Q: What are your future plans in HG?

A: For the division, bring in new servers based around competitive and get 1v1 and executes live soon. Personally, continue as dL and focus on getting CS:GO back to where it was before.

To wrap up, Pongo stated “Sit is cute†and to “Pop JBâ€.

Interviewed by: Menoch & Ryze

• Like 18