Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Recruits & Above Discussion / Issue Thread

Benz

• 1 month later...

Who would like to see this map? Looks pretty cool!!

https://hellsgamers....maps-on-source/

I definitely think that map would be fun, I remember playing Bestbuy map back in the day and I loved duckin thru isles :D

I think that map looks cool. I have personally played on that map on another communities server and think it would be fun. I would definitely like to see this map. maybe we can come up with a list of custom maps to play on. maybe we should get together as division and discuss what custom maps people like???

Yeah, a server with some good custom maps would be great, you think'n DM?

• 4 months later...

Just wondering if there are rules/guidelines for bullying on the sessions and how/when to address these issues? I have seen a few times when people are playing and they are being really obnoxious and just wondering if there is any protocol we should be aware of. 

• Executive Council

There is most definitely rules on our servers. We do not tolerate any form of bullying or disrespectful behavior on our servers. If you see this kind of behavior please take note of the person/persons engaging in this kind of behavior and report it to my division staff which are @BOSCH and @Runfast or The division leaders which are myself and @Tex

• Like 2

Just wondering if there are rules/guidelines for bullying on the sessions and how/when to address these issues? I have seen a few times when people are playing and they are being really obnoxious and just wondering if there is any protocol we should be aware of. 

Good to Know, Thanks. 

• Like 1

Me stabbing everyone is NOT bullying!!!

But seriously, light shit talking here and there is okay, but if you have someone being a total asshat start recording a demo and then find an admin around if you can. With the demo we at least can have some evidence of wrongdoing. Some people will continue to troll until they see an admin join the server, others will troll/bully regardless. add some more of the mods and admins to your friendslist so you have quick access to someone, just in case you can't get a hold of someone in TS.  Again, if all else fails, that demo will be key to us taking care of the problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Seeing the traffic on the CS:S servers of ZM and DM Rotation, I think we should change ZM and/or DM Rotation to something else. I think Jailbreak or GunGame would be good. GunGame is a lot of fun.

We have 2 Dust 2 DMs, while they both see traffic, I don't think they see enough to keep 2 of the same maps up. We could change one of the dust 2 DMs to a GG server.

@Tex @EddieCam

Edited by Knoxtane
  • Like 1

I just can't handle it anymore. I love the Office map but the fact we allow players to bhop around the map in 5 seconds and knife everyone without consequence is super unfair. I can no longer support the Office server unless bhop is taken care of. No matter what time of day I play the server, there are at least 2 bhoppers literally ruining the map and game. Look at my session time. You'll see I don't stay connected for more than 30 minutes on average because of this issue. The average player count in the span of 24h is 11. This is good but I guarantee most players leave because of this issue. Now, I understand HG wants to cater to everyone, but allowing this is borderline allowing cheating. There are far more players that don't know how to bhop and can't aim fast enough to kill someone who is bhopping. I've played CS:S 15 years..I still struggle to aim and kill these players. I'm sorry I'm voicing my opinion so strong here, but I want to see our servers thrive and allowing such behavior or "skill" is pointless and is only giving our Office DM server a bad wrap.

The Office server is literally the only place where I see this issue. I play mostly on Iceworld but that's because office is ruined by this issue. I have never seen a single person in my 6 1/2 hours on Iceworld bhop. The Iceworld server is a classic and will most likely continue to thrive because of 3 reasons. 1. Not many bhoppers player there, that I've noticed. 2. The map is a classic 3. Players come back because of the fact we don't have bhoppers in the server.

https://hellsgamers.gameme.com/player_histories/sessions/7788214

I know this will most likely not change anything because we want to cater to both sides, but I thought I'd just voice my opinion. @EddieCam @Tex

Thanks.

- Knoxtane

Edited by Knoxtane

People bhop on all of the servers, it's much easier on certain maps for people who practice a lot. I can kind of bhop, but it's not something I usually bother with. I stab the people bhopping around the maps constantly, just had to up my sensitivity and practice, same goes for shooting these guys. It's just practice, practice, practice. It's not borderline cheating because someone can bhop very well. However, scripting amd Hyperscrolling IS cheating. When it comes to Iceworld, people probably bhop on there more than I've seen them bhop in office. It's a simple map with few obstacles, making it easy for an experienced player to get up to speed. I suggest talking to certain players for tips on how to bhop, that way you can even the odds. I've noticed that the more rules and regulations you add to servers tends to lower populations. You ban something and fewer people will play in the server. This goes along the same lines as banning the AWP and Auto Snipers, you do that and the server populations will tank. You can't please everyone. 

Also, don't take this as a dig at you buddy. Just doin' some 'splaining. Everybody has something that irks them in any server.

• 1 month later...

Toxic players

Whats the deal with these guys? Seems like we get one everynight. Whats the best thing to do have players !block them? Just ignore?

I have a a lot of fun smacking Eddie around but some nights (recently) I cant hit shit so now it my turn to get beat up and im really ok with that.

People just seem to get real shitty quick, the put downs and the insults and calling hacker when its really just their predictable game play that

get them owned instantly. Just wondering what ideas if any you guys might have to mute the douchebags. I want to keep the attitude up and the laughs rolling!

• Executive Council
49 minutes ago, L Φ B Φ said:

Toxic players

Whats the deal with these guys? Seems like we get one everynight. Whats the best thing to do have players !block them? Just ignore?

I have a a lot of fun smacking Eddie around but some nights (recently) I cant hit shit so now it my turn to get beat up and im really ok with that.

People just seem to get real shitty quick, the put downs and the insults and calling hacker when its really just their predictable game play that

get them owned instantly. Just wondering what ideas if any you guys might have to mute the douchebags. I want to keep the attitude up and the laughs rolling!

You can go about this several way's. You can grab a moderator or one of the staff members to help you with taking care of the toxic player. You can mute the player in the game by going to the player list. You can record a demo and report it to any of us in leadership also.

• 1 year later...

So on Crackhouse DM, when you get a kill the weapon you killed with is reloaded automatically. But that's the only server it does that on. Is there a reason we don't have it on the other DMs as well?

Also the !report function is only on some servers. I've never had to use it but it seems like it'd be beneficial on all servers.

• Executive Council
16 hours ago, Lucas15 said:

So on Crackhouse DM, when you get a kill the weapon you killed with is reloaded automatically. But that's the only server it does that on. Is there a reason we don't have it on the other DMs as well?

Also the !report function is only on some servers. I've never had to use it but it seems like it'd be beneficial on all servers.

We will get this looked at soon.

• Like 1