Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Better spawning for zombies

Kritzinho

The way the spawn works today is very simple, the spawn closest to the humans, or the zombie closest to the humans (but not too close else you cannot spawn on the.)gets to be visualized first as a viable spawn, BUT is the closest spawn always the best ? Sometimes you want a spawn on top of the building to get humans without been seen while they are several floors down.. But the most viable spawn is not there.

The thing is you can select a different spawn but it is very difficult since you have to always be cycling trough zombies and spawns my idea is that we add a optional Menu that shows a list of spawns in a way we can differentiate Ghoul spawns from zombie spawns, when you clicked the name of the person that placed it you would visualize and decide if you want to spawn there if not just click another one and see, else just choose a zombie that can be spawned on or the regular zombie spawns.

Might be a very good addition, a lot of times I saw myself having to cycle trough because the nearest spawn wasn't actually the nearest.

• Like 2

This sounds like a great idea.

I would say alongside this update, there would be a new interface that has two tabs for spawn types: "Player" and "Beacon" and under each tab would be a list of spawning points.

The "Player" tab would show all zombie players and highlight their name green for yes, you can spawn on them, or highlight their name red if no, you can't spawn on them. This would work super well with a suggestion someone (can't remember their name) made regarding an option to disable players from spawning on you, basically making it impossible for players to select you as their spawn point.

The "Beacon" tab would show all Ghoul and Alpha Ghoul spawns, and when they're active, on the list it would read "<player's name> spawn," and when they disappear (in the case of Ghoul Gas) or are destroyed (in the case of Alpha Ghoul nest), the spawn would disappear from the list, showing that it's no longer available.

When hovering the cursor over any spawn on either list, the camera will center on the spawn on the screen, allowing the player to know where they're going. This would be exceptionally helpful for players who want to choose a spawn easily, especially the spawn they want, without having to scroll through players and spawn points.

• Like 1

My main issue with the zs spawn is that the fact it based on how long you are to the humans regardless if there is a maze that takes ~30 seconds to get around. Now I don't know if it is feasable in gmod but maybe have a top down view of the map(similar to csgo battle royal) and have a bunch of points representing maps default spawns,player created spawns and players who are suitable to be spawns.

• Like 1

My main issue with the zs spawn is that the fact it based on how long you are to the humans regardless if there is a maze that takes ~30 seconds to get around. Now I don't know if it is feasable in gmod but maybe have a top down view of the map(similar to csgo battle royal) and have a bunch of points representing maps default spawns,player created spawns and players who are suitable to be spawns.

Or make the spawning system akin to how Planetside 2 does their spawning system: have an overhead map and showcase all the spawns that the zombie player can use after having recently been killed. Basically, you're idea, but with something clearer to see and visualize.