Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Craftable items and zs in general suggestions/discussion

Destroy

This is somewhat of a suggestion but a general discussion as well so feel free to move this if you deem necessary. 
Anyways, just my thoughts,

1: why don't we have like a forum in hg zombie survival or somewhere within the game how to make specific craftable items that so new players can find out how to craft them? I still dont even know what a jool is for an adonis rifle, a picture of it would be great of what items are needed to craft them

2: For rules of “stealing guns” from craftable items is a votekickable offense, but there are many loopholes through it, they could just drop a weapon on purpose and pretend they are crafting and do a false votekick and a false reason without mods or staff intervening since they would see it as a legit reason, heres my suggestion for it, make it where whatever items are craftable, make it able to be picked up and put in your inventory like the batter and be able to craft whatever weapon you want in your inventory without them stealing it.

3: i feel like there are certain maps that are in a gray area a lot, like zs factory i believe, you can technically spawn camp until wave 3 but like the ZOMBIE SPAWN is like right in front of the entire building cade, its the map where theres only 2 red buildings and you can look through the 2 or 3 windows and see zombie spawning, i have noticed some people are complaining about that recently specially during death hours with low pop. 
4: Yes we all know levels were ‘accidentally’ reset, I haven’t been around long enough to see how far people got with their xp levels, so why can’t leave dp on until after quarantine actually ends, like people grind for that xp and poof it vanishes with no backup whatsoever so in summary keep double points on until everythings situated and actually BACKED UP

These are just some of my thoughts and what i had noticed ever since rejoining hg, feel free to leave comments below as i want to know how the community feels also, even though we have community meetings i feel like it could be improved upon somehow though not sure how but ever since i came back community meetings are a great idea for players to speak their minds and what they want, but the unfortunate thing is, only some regulars join and not like the entire community as a whole though. But yeah leave your thoughts down below

also bring back so u can craft explosive barrel with a normal barrel and gas can

Edited by Destroy

I do agree, finding out how to craft things is a pain in the ass. I also agree with the DP till quarantine, or even 1.5x. Also yes, we definitely need a backup, especially if its just a one button click to delete XP, a backup is NOT optional, but required. As for the spawncamping rule, my thing that I go along is if the map is small, or has spawns everywhere, such as MLT home, its damn hard to not spawncamp, however in any other situation, I will keep it as such.

Back Up Data on the Server

2f7f6ab0d42893851e441c771274bd31.png.33f9abd7c2407032710d93de94241556.png

A lot of people already agree with the backup suggestion. I don't know why we don't have one to begin with. We should always be backing up our data, and it's pretty careless of us for not doing so when we have the new leveling system on the server, alongside the cards and points systems; the latter two of which are most important to back up.

Crafting Items List

As for a crafting items list, that suggestion has been repeated over and over, and I still think we should have it. In a game like ZS, exploration and experimentation as mechanics don't work when players aren't provided ways of retrieving recipes for craftables, or are given enough time to search and experiment. I've played a few games where crafting was one of the primary game mechanics, and those games give you no instructions nor items that reveal recipes to you. They're basically hardcore survival games, but the lack of recipes is the point: developers want you to explore, and you are given the ability to do so in a simulated environment that makes sense for that mechanic.

Zombie Survival can't work like that. When players are busy navigating the map, or trying to bring props to the cade, with only 2-3 minutes on the clock, that's not enough time to experiment crafting using every weapon and every prop. On top of that, once the round starts, that exploration ends; it can't continue in other games where "survival" and "exploration" can both happen simultaneously; humans will remain in their cades. In later waves, this problem gets worse as zombies get stronger, and ultimately, crafting doesn't serve any real purpose anymore because humans are stuck in their cades.

Maybe this is an oversight in development that I'm noticing as more and more craftable items are being added; I don't know. Zombie Survival is not your usual survival game where you have the time to experiment. Having a list of craftable items for humans will save them a lot of time and give them something cool to work with.

The "Stealing" Problem

If we don't want people accusing others of stealing their craftable items, making said crafting items into SWEPs and adding them to the Arsenal Crate menu will definitely avoid this problem. Making an actual crafting menu, where items can be added to slots to craft, will definitely make the process of crafting easier and help satisfy the "inventory" aspect already available in the game mode, which right now is accessible through hotkeys. If players have to drop things to craft something, people are likely going to steal what's highlighted in cyan and has a floating name over it. This is another oversight in development.

Crafting should be specific to the player, and by specific, I mean they don't have to drop things in the real world to carry it out. They should be able to draw items from their "inventory" and insert them into slots for crafting, similar to how crafting selection works in very well-polished survival games like The Forest, The Long Dark, and Subnautica.

If we can get a leveling system going, I think it's very possible to get a more polished crafting system going. I designed a crafting system before, so I can help design one if needed, specific for the Zombie Survival game mode.

No Forum for Crafting Items

I started a ZS wiki a while back with Old Bill to create a guide of sorts for new players, and then we would link it as the Help Guide for our version of the Zombie Survival game mode. Unfortunately, it's been touted against and objected.

He's left his defunct, but I started up a new one on my own, and have graphic assets. I also did custom CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) coding specific to FandomWiki and Wikia mark-up language to satisfy the HG theme and the game mode for ZS. My wiki can be found here.

I left my wiki defunct ever since I got off Winter Break, since that's when I started it, but if we want to start it up again, share it to the ZS Discord, and I'll start looking for collaborators, even people better at CSS programming than me because it took me hours to figure out how CSS is done for FandomWiki.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, a white kleiner said:

there is a crafting list on the discord in zs-discussion

A normal/ average person who just joined the hg server will have no idea its even on there considering its pinned in general discussion, how would you expect one person to find it randomly? Most would explore the forums more often, i for one had no idea until yesterday there was a crafting list on discord, why cant we make one for the forums as well and easily accessible for new players?

Okay. I just found the crafting list in #zs-discussion, and it's a pinned post. It would be a good idea to create a channel called #craftable-items and translate that list there, because I don't see how anyone new to our server, let alone our ZS Discord, would be able to find that unless they check the channel's pinned posts.

That's not very good navigation for new people to our Discord server.

11 minutes ago, a white kleiner said:

they can ask

But you have to understand what the community wants or may need, like i have said, they may join for the first time, how would they know there are actually craftables in the game? Newcomers most likely won’t know a single thing about hg zs you have to take that into consideration that is why i have been suggesting like what snowy said either we make some kind of forum or topic on hellsgamers.com or set in the MOTD where it has links for craftables and how to access the list for it.

27 minutes ago, a white kleiner said:

they can ask

People who join a new Discord server may be shy, so it's likely they won't ask. You can't assume people are going to do that, unless you have evidence to back up the claim that a lot of people ask around confidently.

This is why it's important to include the resources already laid out for them so they don't have to go out asking around when they don't want to. If we force them into a position they don't want to be in, or force them to act in ways we want them to, but they don't want to, they're very likely to leave, and we don't want that. We want to cater to many people as possible, and that includes providing "lazy ways" for people to get what they want, and they stay for that.

EDIT: honestly, this includes having the "HG" name appended to one's username. Why do we need people to do that? Why not just include a little badge next to their name when they log on to the server? That's better than having to change your username to something that looks stupid.

Edited by Snowyamur
  • Like 1