Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Cyberpunk 2077 Impressions

Lucas15

How's everyone liking Cyberpunk so far? I'm personally really enjoying it. I don't really have any complaints aside from a few graphical hitches here and there. I'm typically not into games with RPG aspects, but for some reason I'm really immersed in the world and story.

I'm playing the Nomad life path currently, just started Act 2. I'll likely run through as Corpo afterwards and finish off with Streetkid. I don't wanna talk about any story aspects here because a lot of people haven't played the game yet. But I will say it's been a roller coaster at some parts. Feel free to message me or catch me in Teamspeak if you wanna talk about it though.

If you don't have the game already, @EddieCam has an upcoming event where you can potentially win a copy of Cyberpunk!

Edited by Lucas15
  • Like 1

I like it a lot. I love RPG games and I feel like there’s a ton of different options in dialogue and different ways to finish missions. I’ve been doing a ton of side missions and the world is pretty rich in lore and story. Right now I’m playing as a female Nomad with a melee only build, switching between a Katana and Mantis Blades. I’m not too far in the main story, probably in the middle or end of Act 2. Unsure of what I’m gonna play on my next playthrough but melee only has been fun. Hard mode is actually pretty difficult on a melee only build. 

I’m playing on an Xbox one x and it runs alright. I’m used to playing buggy shitty messes like any one of the Bethesda games. 

• Like 1

Breaking News; Cyberpunk 2077 taken off of Sony Stores. Refunds given by Sony.

A couple of things we know

1. Cyberpunk 2077 is currently at 1.04; crashes, glitches, pop-in textures, FPS dips. A mile better than the start of the game

2. It works better on a good PC, PS5 & XSX, XSS, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, then the PS4 base and slim, Xbox Series S, and Xbox One

3. They focus more on PC vs last-gen consoles

4. Investors and executives pressured them to release it in a broken state

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NinjaScopes said:

I havnt got to play it yet but im looking forward to it. Those of you who have played it, are the bugs worse than skyrim bugs etc or are people exaggerating?

So far I haven't experienced anything game breaking or extreme, and I'm halfway through the main story. But to be fair I still have a lot of content I haven't touched.  Most of the bugs I've come across were actually funny.

I have experienced a couple of glitches but they all gave me a good laugh so I don't mind. Besides that, I haven't had any issues with the game. FPS seems to be rather stable, haven't had any crashes what so ever. The only thing I have kind of noticed that ticked me off was the fact that every time I close the game it says the game crashed even when I do it through the menu. It's not too big of an issue though.

• Like 1

Cons: picking up items is super annoying especially when the item is under the body. I got stuck on a certain story mission which forced me to go back to an autosave. the melee arena missions are really crummy and the enemy will usually hit you from a mile away, and they are probably the hardest missions ive completed so far. and ofc sometimes stuff doesnt load in right away so you get low quality people. I also found the ending to be a bit disappointing but thats just my opinion.

Pros: the story is unique and fun. i believe the side missions are what makes the game special, because they add so much more gameplay. i fucked adam smasher up with my gorilla arms, and i think boss fights are the best part of the game. I dont often play singleplayer story games but this one impressed me. Maybe im just a simp for boss fights but id give cyberpunk a 9/10

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blindy said:

I have really debated getting this game but based on all the reviews, I remain skeptical and I am not sure if I'm prepared to put $80.00 out. Is it truly worth it?

I say it's worth trying at the very least. If you get it through Steam you can get a refund within 14 days and with less than 2 hours of playtime if you don't like it.

Personally it's not bug-ridden to the point where I don't wanna play it. Like I said originally, the bugs I have encountered were actually funny. Also you can adjust your penis or boob sizes. Best game 10/10

On 12/24/2020 at 9:54 PM, Lucas15 said:

I say it's worth trying at the very least. If you get it through Steam you can get a refund within 14 days and with less than 2 hours of playtime if you don't like it.

Personally it's not bug-ridden to the point where I don't wanna play it. Like I said originally, the bugs I have encountered were actually funny. Also you can adjust your penis or boob sizes. Best game 10/10

I'll think about it lol :)

After around 12 hours of gameplay, the terrible performance "optimizations", (if you even want to call it that), incredibly buggy gameplay, occasional crashes, generic feeling "open-world" experience and somewhat lifeless NPC interactions, heavily outweighed any good the game had to offer. The good being, the dialogue, story, gameplay and overall amazing graphics.

Note: I haven't played the game since those 12 hours, around 2 weeks ago. I can only hope they've even made an effort in improving the game after the fact. The game was definitely unfinished at launch and should've been a much better experience at day 1.