Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

An explanation regarding Slazenger [From the Staff and Council]

ttaM

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you take away all of his powers and admin and transfer it to JJK.

Who wouldn't be pissed. If the logs are real he shouldn't have made those insulting remarks but he did it in anger.

He has helped JB so much and I suppose I'm the only one who voted for him to stay. Don't ban him, hes made/confirmed 500+ t-lists:

HeLLsGamers Multi Gaming Community: - Search Results

And 80 bans:

Plus hes active in forums, always in vent and active in a range of games. Give him time to cool off, hes just angry at the moment.

Who wouldn't be pissed. If the logs are real he shouldn't have made those insulting remarks but he did it in anger.

He has helped JB so much and I suppose I'm the only one who voted for him to stay. Don't ban him, hes made/confirmed 500+ t-lists:

And 80 bans:

Plus hes active in forums, always in vent and active in a range of games. Give him time to cool off, hes just angry at the moment.

No offense...I think he ruined jailbreak.

And 80 bans:

The decision has been taken,

The way he acted his unacceptable and the way he talked to us is unacceptable too.

We gave him more than one chance and he fucked up every time.

1. JJK was the original "warden"

2. his powers were taken away BECAUSE of the second side to him.

Yes he does have a lot of t-lists and such but on multiple occasions he has said "let me handle it" and then complained he had to do all the work, he was basically doing this to portray staff as useless.

Yes that is helpful, but like stated the "other side" of Slaz did not make up for this.

Of course he is, he's in college.

I hope this clears up some things.

And 80 bans:

This wasn't a "sudden" thing. We've talked to him half a dozen times about his practices. We've warned him we won't tolerate his double talk. He smiled as he agreed each time, then turned around and did the same thing we asked him not to do every time.

After months of his misconduct we decided to give him a temporary break, because it might have been the stress of JB that was overtaxing him. He willingly submitted to our decision when we presented it, only to have him start talking behind peoples' backs minutes later.

We appreciate the work he did. In return he received a fair amount of power.

No one here gets any real compensation for the work they do. We all put in time without pay, and most times without thanks. We do it because we want the community to prosper. When Slaz did it, he did it to attempt to gain more power. We do not want that kind of attitude floating around in our staff and management.

Hey I was wondering why JB was so shit since I got back. Might pop in there when I'm extremely bored now :) I liked jjk running it tbh.

Didn't know he was so power hungry though. Maybe he should open his own server or something if he wants power without getting it taken off him :S

Oh and he sucked hard at HoN, no importance but juz sayin

Yeah Dark, we took away his powers BECAUSE of the way he was already acting. The way he acted afterwards just amplified how he actually was before.

We didn't just say, "Hey let's take his powers away and give them to JJK."

The reason we made this post is because of all the things he has said since we took the powers away from him. There was plenty more before this.

Darkplanner, you are right that Slaz helped us a great deal. That's why we're not happy that it came to first removing his access, then banning. The whole situation is a sad one. There was a long-going conflict that we unfortunately could not resolve despite many many many attempts to do so.

This thread is an attempt to explain to the community that we did not resort to this decision lightly or make a reactionary snap decision. This decision was months in the making. We are truly thankful for all the work he has done for us, and we don't want to give the impression that we used him and then kicked him to the curb, regardless of how it may seem.

This thread is here because the HG community deserves to know the reasons for why we lost a good member and a great asset. I hope you can understand. Thank you.

well thats to bad.

I agree with some terms unfortunatly. Some thing around here are....kooky.

Have a good one slaz, while you did good work...u well...did good work.

Enjoy your vacation.

Vacations don't last forever.

So now that this is all out here, how about you give detailed explanations and proof of what you mean about his "other side" that you thought was so inappropriate compared to Staff/Council member actions in the past?

I'm simply asking a question here, but it seems to me that every time people try to address problems with Staff/Council/Very long-term members, the "complainer" gets told to stfu and drop it. Then if they continue they get banned.

This is the equivalent of a farmer in a kingdom in the middle ages addressing the problems of how the king/royal house rules and suggests they do things better, then him being beaten in the alley and told to quit speaking slander or be severely punished. Then when he decides to not let this injustice continue, he makes public speeches about the OBVIOUS "evil" of the kingdom's rulers then gets thrown out (banned) of the kingdom with nothing, or killed (banned).

Now that may seem a tad bit of an exaggeration for what goes on with HG, but it's close enough.

I've seen many accounts of staff/council members banning people for trying to address issues with they way they run things, even if it is a little "eccentric". Even though it's such a silly thing and doesn't need to go that far.

I'm not saying that Slaz didn't do the things you're saying, but I doubt it's as bad as you say it is. Personally, I think you just make it sound like he was cursing your names in the dark and spreading stuff around because you took it personally and wanted to make a second big example of people who call you out on the bad dealings you sometimes make. Let me make that "sometimes" part clear.

And on the "taking it personally" thing which was quoted from my, erm..."argument" with DJ2, it IS in-fact, personal. All of it.

If this is truly "just the internet" and we shouldn't take it personally because it's not that big of a deal, why does HG make money from it? Why do the staff/council pay their own hard earned money to keep it afloat? It's not THAT big of a deal! Not like it's their own PERSONAL money! lol of fucking COURSE it's serious and personal.

Don't give me that "internet is srs bsns" sarcasm BS. The internet is OBVIOUSLY serious business or people wouldn't be making/paying money on/to it would they? Doesn't that fit the definition of a business? A revenue for a service? I think so.

"This thread is here because the HG community deserves to know the reasons for why we lost a good member and a great asset. I hope you can understand. Thank you."

The reason you lost a good member and a great asset is because you made the decision to lose him. Come on seriously? You're making it sound like he wanted to be banned for trying to address problems with staff/council. You banned him because of they way he went about addressing problems which is just silly.

Point here is Slaz took it a little too far with what he had to say, and you took it a little too far by stripping him of his powers/rank, and then banning him later for being mad about it.

My 2c, but some of you may think I have no right to comment on something like this because I was banned for a similar instance. And it's pretty rude that you make a thread about someone without giving them a chance to defend themselves in front of their peers. That's just a common courtesy. Courtrooms of legal law allow it, why not you? Just let members take your lack of enough proof and your reason for the decision to heart without question? Seems a little......corrupt to me.

Edited by Church

So now that this is all out here, how about you give detailed explanations and proof of what you mean about his "other side" that you thought was so inappropriate compared to Staff/Council member actions in the past?

I'm simply asking a question here, but it seems to me that every time people try to address problems with Staff/Council/Very long-term members, the "complainer" gets told to stfu and drop it. Then if they continue they get banned.

This is the equivalent of a farmer in a kingdom in the middle ages addressing the problems of how the king/royal house rules and suggests they do things better, then him being beaten in the alley and told to quit speaking slander or be severely punished. Then when he decides to not let this injustice continue, he makes public speeches about the OBVIOUS "evil" of the kingdom's rulers then gets thrown out (banned) of the kingdom with nothing, or killed (banned).

Now that may seem a tad bit of an exaggeration for what goes on with HG, but it's close enough.

I've seen many accounts of staff/council members banning people for trying to address issues with they way they run things, even if it is a little "eccentric". Even though it's such a silly thing and doesn't need to go that far.

I'm not saying that Slaz didn't do the things you're saying, but I doubt it's as bad as you say it is. Personally, I think you just make it sound like he was cursing your names in the dark and spreading stuff around because you took it personally and wanted to make a second big example of people who call you out on the bad dealings you sometimes make. Let me make that "sometimes" part clear.

And on the "taking it personally" thing which was quoted from my, erm..."argument" with DJ2, it IS in-fact, personal. All of it.

If this is truly "just the internet" and we shouldn't take it personally because it's not that big of a deal, why does HG make money from it? Why do the staff/council pay their own hard earned money to keep it afloat? It's not THAT big of a deal! Not like it's their own PERSONAL money! lol of fucking COURSE it's serious and personal.

Don't give me that "internet is srs bsns" sarcasm BS. The internet is OBVIOUSLY serious business or people wouldn't be making/paying money on/to it would they? Doesn't that fit the definition of a business? A revenue for a service? I think so.

"This thread is here because the HG community deserves to know the reasons for why we lost a good member and a great asset. I hope you can understand. Thank you."

The reason you lost a good member and a great asset is because you made the decision to lose him. Come on seriously? You're making it sound like he wanted to be banned for trying to address problems with staff/council. You banned him because of they way he went about addressing problems which is just silly.

Point here is Slaz too it a little too far with what he had to say, and you took it a little too far by stripping him of his powers/rank, and then banning him later for being mad about it.

My 2c, but some of you may think I have no right to comment on something like this because I was banned for a similar instance. And it's pretty rude that you make a thread about someone without giving them a chance to defend themselves in front of their peers. That's just a common courtesy. Courtrooms of legal law allow it, why not you? Just let members take your lack of enough proof and your reason for the decision to heart without question? Seems a little......corrupt to me.

except for the part where that "peasant" has been plotting to "assassinate" the king and start an uprising LOLAMIRITE? but since we're using ridiculous comparisons here, i guess HG is like a baked potato

except for the part where that "peasant" has been plotting to "assassinate" the king and start an uprising LOLAMIRITE? but since we're using ridiculous comparisons here, i guess HG is like a baked potato

Who cares if he wanted to assassinate the king and start an uprising if the king was evil and unjust in the first place? It happened and happens all the time lol?

Also, that comparison is hardly ridiculous, however exaggerated it is. Other than the obvious differences between this being an online drama and my comparison being the middle ages, it's accurate enough to compare to this situation.

However HG and baked potatoes have no comparison. :P

I'm just saying, wheres the freedom of speech? What if hes actually trying to do some good for the clan? Is it time for change? oh well, I still love slaz <3 Yeah, church I agree, people with power tend to cover things that they did wrong up, but was it really necessary to just ban him? You couldn't of demoted slaz first? He was a senior member, and here for quite some time, so I don't understand staff's decision.

Edited by tike

Who cares if he wanted to assassinate the king and start an uprising if the king was evil and unjust in the first place? It happened and happens all the time lol?

except that peasant should just go start his own kingdom then with his followers, don't try to usurp someones work, he got caught and "executed" as you say, this "peasant" pretended to make himself useful to try and get close to the king from the begging, But if you honestly think we're these unjust tyrants we will be posting more stuff from staff forum to quell your "corruption corruption" rant, which i think has gotten you in trouble before

I'm just saying, wheres the freedom of speech? What if hes actually trying to do some good for the clan? Is it time for change? oh well, I still love slaz <3 Yeah, church I agree, people with power tend to cover things that they did wrong up.

except we haven't, at all, thus the product of this thread and cactus fiasco's leaving thread (still don't know who the hell he was anyways)

except that peasant should just go start his own kingdom then with his followers, don't try to usurp someones work, he got caught and "executed" as you say, this "peasant" pretended to make himself useful to try and get close to the king from the begging, But if you honestly think we're these unjust tyrants we will be posting more stuff from staff forum to quell your "corruption corruption" rant, which i think has gotten you in trouble before

Yeah totally Weeman. He should just let them be corrupt and evil and allow his family/friends to stay under the tyrant's evil rule without putting a stop to it. RL wars were fought over this exact shit bro. You don't just leave and start your own kingdom because A, where the fuck is your money/supplies/people to make it happen without killing a king? And B well FUCK THAT. Let's stay in this kingdom but make it better. Sounds a bit easier eh?

I don't think HG staff/council are unjust tyrants, but they do do things that they'd ban other people for, but don't punish themselves/each other for.

5:08 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: idk clark

5:08 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: i can always be honest with you

5:08 PM - HG | Clark: yes of course

5:08 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: but i really like shit's pretty fucked up

5:08 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: with the management of HG

5:08 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: i deal with it

5:08 PM - HG | Clark: hows that?

5:08 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: but things get pretty silly

5:09 PM - HG | Clark: sometimes they do

5:09 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: just in the dealings with me

5:09 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: everyone pushes for me to get staff

5:09 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: homer speaks to me and says "we can't make the same mistake we did with seboard" and then three days later makes lordofhell staff

5:09 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: with 96 posts

5:09 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: and lots of snide comments

5:10 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: jjk comes back after essentially rage quitting because he thought people hacked in the teams and for staff's corruption and bullshit

5:10 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: as he phrased it to me the day he left

5:10 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: and he gets staff again

5:10 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: i don't get stuff because i'm honest with everyone

5:11 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: i'm blunt and i speak up when i don't agree regardless of who it is

5:11 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: so it puts me at odds with people

5:11 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: which i can accept

5:11 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: but it all gets pretty silly as time goes on

5:11 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: that homer can't even give me cpanel access to jb

5:11 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: or ftp

5:11 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: i've run clans, communities, and forums of 80k members

5:12 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: that makes hundreds of thousands of dollars every year

5:12 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: i was an admin for OGame, which is a wildly popular mmo

5:12 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: and i just don't get it

5:12 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: does he really not trust me because I speak up?

5:12 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: or is there something else?

5:12 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: I'm racist in my personal life, maybe?

5:13 PM - HG | Clark: i did not know that

5:13 PM - HG | Clark: you are?

5:13 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: It's just a really bad example when someone can put as much time and effort into something and get nowhere.

5:13 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: I sure am.

5:13 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: Someone posted a thread from another clan's forums where I had said the n-word

5:13 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: and I got chewed out for it

5:13 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: i'm sorry, never been racist once in anythign HG

5:13 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: and I ban people for being racist

5:14 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: but somehow it made me a bad person

5:14 PM - HG | Clark: that makes me sad

5:14 PM - HG | Clark: i didnt know that about you

5:14 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: when I've overheard staff members saying the n-word in vent with regular members

5:14 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: taht's the magic of the internet

5:14 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: i'm my own person as are other people

5:14 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: i do what i can for HG and it's never enough.

5:15 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: that's how I feel and that's how most of the people that i'm friends with in HG feel.

5:15 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: I'm not going to cause shit, and I'm staying around because I love the people

5:15 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: but I just want it to be on the record that i'm dissatisfied with a lot of stuff

5:15 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: i imagine i'll never have a chance of getting anywhere now, but that's never been my goal

5:15 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: my goal's always been to help out HG

5:16 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: but it's honestly

5:16 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: ignored by the upper echelon and immensely appreciated by the players and members

5:16 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: everyone comes to me for everything

5:16 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: because even if I don't have the access to do something, i get it done and i do it without compromise and immediately

5:17 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: but i can do as much as possible and I still get chewed out for stuff like Crosshair arguing with me or a decision I made to change the MOTD

5:17 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: it becomes a fight

5:17 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: that's just pretty shitty for morale and togetherness in a clan

5:17 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: sure we can run things and make things work

5:17 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: but homer has a vision of making HG global

5:18 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: and i'd like to see that

5:18 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: we've got a lot of nice members and a good player base

5:18 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: but he's running HG as if it were a clan run by a group of irl friends that's 1/40th the size of HG

5:19 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: we have people like Jetta and DJ2 in council (dj2 was instrumental in providing money to stary HG, I realize) and staff members like Terry and Faded who do nothing to contribute to managing the clan

5:19 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: yet we have people who work their asses off like myself, Doobie, and a lot of nobodies that don't get anywhere

5:20 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: So even as awesome as HG is to play on, if I wanted to walk off, which I have no intention of doing - a good number of players would follow me

5:20 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: and it's not because i have a wonderful clan

5:20 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: it's because i'm legit and i always am

5:20 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: i'm honest, fair, and decent

5:21 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: and people who play in HG respect that more than someone like Homer who is impossible to reach or staff members who will never stop what they are doing to help.

5:21 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: Sorry to make you read all that, but I really wish you would post that for everyone./

Slaz has told me himself he's only "racist" towards the ACTUAL "ni***rs" of black people. What he means is the blacks who make black people look like the racist sterotypes. The thugs and gangstas and thieves and rule breakers, ect. Not the actual black people who contribute to society and are good upstanding citizens. And I agree. I do NOT like the negative side of the black community.

Slaz makes good points in this chat here.

Edited by Church