Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

An explanation regarding Slazenger [From the Staff and Council]

ttaM

Dear HeLLsGamers Members and Recruits,

The HG Staff and Council have come to a decision which will, as of today, May 22nd, 2010, ban [HG] Slazenger from everything associated with HeLLsGamers.

We understand the contributions he has made to the community in helping it grow, mainly in Jailbreak. However, there is also a side that no one outside of Staff or Council saw.

As you may already know, Slazenger was removed from his Warden duties and was stripped of all admin capabilities after we decided that JJK should take back the server he created in the first place. Since that time, Slazenger has sent constant E-mails, PM's, and Steam messages to various members of the community, mainly Staff members, that slander the way we run things around here.

We knew what his reaction would be to our decision, and we wanted to keep him around because of his impact on the community and the help he provided for the time he was here. The messages piled up each day. Eventually Homer had to give him an ultimatum, stop trying to slander the community or you will be kicked out.

We chose to include the important bits of information that led us to this decision, this is one of the main instances in which Homer asks him to stop what he is doing.

You have two roads you can go here: Leave the past behind(stop pasting chat logs around) and work on being cool with the members/staff and you will possibly get a Staff position for forum moderation later. or leave because you are fedup with us and how things happened with JB leader. personally I think you should stay away from JB, im sure it gives you a lot of stress.

Shortly after this, Slazenger sent out an E-mail (containing not only the chat that this quote was excerpted from, but a conglomeration of several other private PMs) to at least one Staff member who promptly reported it to the Council.

Here are portions of the E-mail that alarmed us, Slazenger sent this message to Homer before he got the above message. Please note that we select Staff members because of their contributions to the community and after much discussion with other Staff and Council members.

4:39 AM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: so brandon, you know i like to be honest.

4:39 AM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: You run more double-standards than the Cuban government. You tell me that I can't have staff (while apparently there are issues about me that people post - but don't tell me so I can improve) and during that time you give LordofHell staff, who is as worthless as Seboard (just a few days after telling me you didn't want to make the same mistake with Seboard, that's why you couldn't give it to me). And then you tell me now I can't have access to stuff because I cause trouble. But of course Crosshair doesn't cause trouble. You're despicable, Brandon. In all honesty, you're a two-face lying son of a bitch.

All in all, Slazenger had a hard time dealing with the decision that we all made. He always said he did all the work for the community, but then ended up turning his back on the leaders of the community and slandering them in public.

He made several thinly-veiled threats, saying that if we ever got rid of him that all of the Jailbreak recruits that worshipped him would follow him wherever he went. Unfortunately this is something we cannot simply ignore (such as the following)

4:58 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: i just want to let you know, i'll do my best to keep this from happening, but i honestly have a cult-leader like following in HG

4:58 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: and it's kinda silly

4:58 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: but there are a lot of people mad that i'm not staff for whatever reason

4:59 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: and idk what they're going to do about this

4:59 PM - HG | Slazenger, der Anfänger: i keep telling them to shut up and stop about it

We hope that by revealing this information to the members of the community that there would be no confusion as to why he was dismissed from the clan. We gave him the option and he ignored it. The work that he put into the Jailbreak server did not match up to the problems that had come up in conjunction with his name.

We hope all of you understand that this was a decision that was nearly unanimous. Here is the actual vote we had with Staff and Council.

kfkefkggj.png

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well thats to bad.

I agree with some terms unfortunatly. Some thing around here are....kooky.

Have a good one slaz, while you did good work...u well...did good work.

Enjoy your vacation.

give it some time, JJK is already doing excellent work with JB as well as with other servers, he's a very agreeable person. And like the original post, it was his creation anyways.

I admit I'm a bit sad to see Slazie go, he was a good friend to me but I see the decision you guys have made to ban him and I would have made the same decision if I had a say. Him acting like that really surprised me, honestly, but I also hadn't talked to him enough since he was always AFK to really know how he is truely.

It's too bad that things ended up this way, but I hope everything will continue to be just as fun as usual regardless of what happened.

<3

So, um....he basically called the leaders (boss) a "two-faced lying son of a bitch" and got banned (fired) for it?

/applauds decision.

It was the rightful thing to do. I'd get the same treatment from my boss at work if I said anything resembling that kind of talk. We're (mostly) adults here, and as such should be able to communicate with reasonable maturity amongst each other. If that is not possible, then there must be severance of the cause of the loss of reasonable discussion.

I had no issues with Slaz, he was always nice to me. Unfortunately I think he had some problems with letting power go to his head. To quote DJ2 to church:

"It's the internet dude, your taking shit personally."

I had no issues with Slaz, he was always nice to me. Unfortunately I think he had some problems with letting power go to his head. To quote DJ2 to church:

everyone knows HG is corrupted

So true, so true...

Player1: "You're gay!"

Me: "Why thank you, I am happy."

Player2: "You're an asshole!"

Me: "That only makes me closer to the female flower"

I've heard every insult in the book, but I just let it pass on over and ignore it..., or I vent it somewhat :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

But ya, it's the internet...and nothings every serious on the internet (not even the stock market, as seen in the accidental crash a few weeks ago).

everyone knows HG is corrupted

I agree, H.G. Wells is corrupted!, That guy made a lot of people believe that aliens were invading when they weren't!

Edited by Siphaed

So, um....he basically called the leaders (boss) a "two-faced lying son of a bitch" and got banned (fired) for it?

/applauds decision.

It was the rightful thing to do. I'd get the same treatment from my boss at work if I said anything resembling that kind of talk. We're (mostly) adults here, and as such should be able to communicate with reasonable maturity amongst each other. If that is not possible, then there must be severance of the cause of the loss of reasonable discussion.

That had an impact on it, but there was plenty more.

When we first told him that he wasn't going to lead JB anymore he told us(Vent) "I have no quarrels with that" and then kindly left the channel. Moments later he began spamming Clark on Steam with all this rage of how upset he was and how unfair it was that all of his work goes unappreciated to the community and how all he wanted was Staff but we never gave that to him.

After reading all of his chat messages that he had spammed Staff and Council these last couple weeks I think it was the best decision to not make him staff.

There are plenty more messages that we are considering making public, all viewable on this thread when the time comes.

He is an opinion from a non HG member.

When I started playing jailbreak, JJK wasn't around. If he was he quickly left. People in the server would sometimes ask about JJK. Most HG members gave the answer that he quit the clan. Apparently he just left for whatever reason. But to slaz ran the server JJK abandoned. Then one day someone was using the jjk handle, no tag. Turns out it was the real jjk. Then you could see him on more and more. I'm sure he came back to the forums around this time. I don't know if you guys still talking to him in IMs or anything. But anyways he shows back up, and a couple months later he becomes the head of jailbreak and slaz is thrown to basally recruit status.

That is crap but spamming people doesn't make up for it.

He is an opinion from a non HG member.

When I started playing jailbreak, JJK wasn't around. If he was he quickly left. People in the server would sometimes ask about JJK. Most HG members gave the answer that he quit the clan. Apparently he just left for whatever reason. But to slaz ran the server JJK abandoned. Then one day someone was using the jjk handle, no tag. Turns out it was the real jjk. Then you could see him on more and more. I'm sure he came back to the forums around this time. I don't know if you guys still talking to him in IMs or anything. But anyways he shows back up, and a couple months later he becomes the head of jailbreak and slaz is thrown to basally recruit status.

That is crap but spamming people doesn't make up for it.

Well JJK created Jailbreak. He coded the server to fit HG specifically, he got his friend to create the entire Jailbreak map, and proceeded to make it one of the most popular CS:S servers online. JJK didn't abandon the server, he needed time off because of real life. Keep in mind he also created the HG Hide and Seek server which was at one time an extremely popular server.

JJK has done so much for HG and basically we just told him, "The job is yours if you want it." The problems with Slazenger were around long before we asked JJK to take the server back over.

Well JJK created Jailbreak. He coded the server to fit HG specifically, he got his friend to create the entire Jailbreak map, and proceeded to make it one of the most popular CS:S servers online. JJK didn't abandon the server, he needed time off because of real life. Keep in mind he also created the HG Hide and Seek server which was at one time an extremely popular server.

JJK has done so much for HG and basically we just told him, "The job is yours if you want it." The problems with Slazenger were around long before we asked JJK to take the server back over.

So I'm the sloppy seconds coder??

THANKS!

Just want to say when I was an admin on jailbreak I worked with Slaz and he always seemed pretty cool. JJK is the main reason we have such a cool jailbreak map, I always considered it to be his. Seeing Slaz do something like that catches me completely by surprise, he was always fun to work with and talk to...

I respect the decision of the higher ups, and I know it was most definitely in the best interests of HG.

I have seen jailbreak when JJK first had run of it. The server was great and fun to play in. I was also gone from the clan for awhile. JJK was gone while I was gone too..plus some more. I came back to HG to find jailbreak was no longer fun. Too much complaining...too much everything! It was nice of Slaz to "run" it while JJK was gone, but in my opinion, he ran the server into the ground. I always liked to play jailbreak back when it was fun to play. But I never liked playing it when Slaz had control of it.

I know Slaz pretty well to know that he did get power hungry, and it is a shame to see him act like this.

Like everyone as said before, I respect Council and Staff's opinion on the matter, and I will not question it. :D