Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

(Cs:s/cs:go) Pay Heed, Feeble Minded Pheasants

Bonbon

Opinion  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do not be alarmed, dear population of jailbreak, for on Thursday, we will be bringing back the past.

That's right, as of this Thursday, every Thursday shall hereby be proclaimed Throwback Thursday. I know a lot of you old fogies have been complaining for the past year about the changes made to jailbreak, so we're gunna go ahead and give this a shot; don't be scared to post your feedback and vote in the poll.

So, what may you ask is part of Throwback Thursday?

• Drugs will not spawn on the map
  • Both the T and CT buy menu will be disabled
  • !menu is disabled
  • Spawn perks are disabled
  • Gang chat is disabled
  • Your rep will display the current amount, BUT your bombs will NOT be more powerful, and your rebel time will ALL be the same
  • CTs will not spawn with extra HP

If I have forgotten any feature that should have been removed, please post here. And if something I said isn't disabled, post here as well. I didn't actually test any of this stuff, so I'm hoping it just all works fine and dandy the first try.

Note: This applies to BOTH the CS:GO and CS:S server.

ring_necked_pheasant_3.jpg

eh, i know a bunch of people who only play on the server for the above reasons. otherwise we are just like everyone else.

-1 uniqueness on thursdays

There are also a lot of people who have stopped playing our jailbreak due to all the shit that's been added. Hopefully we can all be mature about this, there's a reason I only have this happening one day of the week (thursday, not exactly our busiest day either)

Pheasants refer to some members of the Phasianinae (Horsfield, 1821) subfamily of Phasianidae in the order Galliformes

That's why I have a picture of a Pheasant in my post.

And lead mod will still be in there, and as of now all wardays will be there, and so will the 300 button. I think we'll leave those in there, because even though it's new, it's still kinda true jailbreak, and not MMORPG based, like the stuff that I have removed.

Seems iffy!

so what if people leave the jailbreak server its full all the time! some people just cant handle change!!

Meh, the popularity of our JB server has increased, but it was still by far the #1 jailbreak server on CS:S before we added gangs. I can handle a 10-20% decrease in population on thursdays, but I can't see it extending to any of the other days of the week. At least not by much.

Edit: And already 7/9 people said "yes, this is a good idea". So maybe we'll even see an increase.

Although I wasn't on JB during that time, it sounds pretty cool to have things go back to basics for just one day out of the week.

However, I agree with youthedog that the button should be taken out. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way but there is nothing I find more boring and annoying than constantly being spawned after I die 20 times in obs for a 300 day until a T finally reaches the button.

But other than that, good job bonbon. I look forward to playing it.