Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Zombie Survival Suggestions!

DirtyDNA

Hey everyone as you may or may not know I have recently started doing some work on the zombie survival server. And I want you guys to feel involved too!

All I'm asking is that you post your idea for any new maps, weapons, etc. Anything you can think of! And I will try to make it happen ASAP

I will let you know how things are going and let you know what is happening with each of your ideas.

• 1 month later...

I had a poll and talked for a while in the game. People responded very positively to these two suggestions.

no.1 Revised deadmount, truthfully I hate the current one and so do a ton of other people. The map isn't well optimized, it's small, narrow staircases, hard to move props, and few of those at best. Not to mention the best prop the bedframe usually gets destroyed in the door when trying to move it out of the room. this is why I propose this maphttp://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129722329&searchtext=deadmount It has the same generic idea as the original deadmount except actually good. I tested this out in single player and I love this map.

no.2 A new premium weapon. I can safely assume that there are at most 2 people who purchase grim reapers (250 points) per round. Usually 4 at msot for the adonis pulse rifle. For whoever is up to the task be it Kigen, DirtyDNA or whoever knows how to code I propose this add-on as the new top tiered weapon. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143701287&searchtext=m16 This weapon is so fucking awesome. At the very least download it and use it in your single player experience

*edit* forgot dem stats I would hope for

price 300 points

damage 35

ROF 0.1 (like the UMP but maybe a semi-automatic I couldn't decide which would be better)

20 rounds in a magazine.

AR ammo (obvously)

Slows down the player by 25% while they have it out.

no.3 I did say 2 but I am too lazy to correct that. Anyways, you know what would be better than an m16? GOD DAMN FISTS. Theres two links and both are quite nice

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=111861987&searchtext=FIST

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=125220678&searchtext=FIST

Both are a lot alike. I'm sitting here begging you for bloody fists. I really want to say in game "I'm going to fist that zombie" yes a bit immature but I really want to say that.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you have a good day.

Edited by sharp_shooter

• 2 months later...

try not to focus on small detail, but rather the idea itself.

ZOMBIE POINTS (Prevent players from ragequiting round 1 zombie)

The first zombies to be selected instantly gain 20 points

Each wave that ends, all zombies gain another 20 points

papa johns suggestion --> each zombie gets x points for being within x radius of x amount of zombies in the horde

QUAKE SOUNDS (increases game immersion)

roundstart - Play

first zombie killed - First Blood

first human killed - Perfect

first zombie killed with melee - Humilation

first zombie killed with headshot - Headshot

***the following sounds are delayed until the next zombie is killed, so sound will not play when you earn points from a resupply box for example***

when a human gets 50 points - Rampage

when a human gets 100 points - Multi Kill

200 points - Impressive

250 points - Killing Spree

300 - Unstoppable

400 - Monster Kill

500 - Ludicrouskill

600 - Wicked Sick

700 - Ultra Kill

800 - Dominating

900 - Godlike

kill 10 zombies at once- Combowhore

kill 20 zombies at once- Holy Shit

LEVEL SYSTEM (keeps our vets around and implement bragging rights)

start at level 0

earning points auomatically rank you up

1k points to get to level 1

2k points to get to level 2

and so on..

each level you get 1 extra roundstart worth point

each level you get 1 extra hp when you are a zombie

each level lets you use a new weapon, which does not come default with zs

INTERMISSION BOSS BIRDS (adds cooperation for the turned players during downtime)

Boss bird can peck players for minimal damage, and has an indicator which will lead the crows to his location

NEW RETURNS

Engineer Dropout | cannot place turrets, 5 worth

Wide Load | Your deployable object range when close to another person is doubled, 5 worth

Gamble Addiction | You lose 100 points, 20 worth

STD | You lose 10 health when each wave ends, 5 worth

Susceptible | Poison lasts twice as long, 5 worth

• Like 6

try not to focus on small detail, but rather the idea itself.

ZOMBIE POINTS (Prevent players from ragequiting round 1 zombie)

The first zombies to be selected instantly gain 20 points

Each wave that ends, all zombies gain another 20 points

papa johns suggestion --> each zombie gets x points for being within x radius of x amount of zombies in the horde

QUAKE SOUNDS (increases game immersion)

roundstart - Play

first zombie killed - First Blood

first human killed - Perfect

first zombie killed with melee - Humilation

first zombie killed with headshot - Headshot

***the following sounds are delayed until the next zombie is killed, so sound will not play when you earn points from a resupply box for example***

when a human gets 50 points - Rampage

when a human gets 100 points - Multi Kill

200 points - Impressive

250 points - Killing Spree

300 - Unstoppable

400 - Monster Kill

500 - Ludicrouskill

600 - Wicked Sick

700 - Ultra Kill

800 - Dominating

900 - Godlike

kill 10 zombies at once- Combowhore

kill 20 zombies at once- Holy Shit

start at level 0

and so on..

INTERMISSION BOSS BIRDS (adds cooperation for the turned players during downtime)

Boss bird can peck players for minimal damage, and has an indicator which will lead the crows to his location

NEW RETURNS

Engineer Dropout | cannot place turrets, 5 worth

Wide Load | Your deployable object range when close to another person is doubled, 5 worth

Gamble Addiction | You lose 100 points, 20 worth

STD | You lose 10 health when each wave ends, 5 worth

Susceptible | Poison lasts twice as long, 5 worth

I think adding the quake sounds just sorta adds on the extra noise with people constantly talking and the music constanly playing so I think that just adds more annoying noise. :/

For the boss bird, yes I do agree that it would be cool, but intermissions are kinda a recovery time for the humans to stock up on ammo an repair. Kinda just feels like the wave would still be going on and the humans would be more focused on the bird then the cade itself.

Zombie points is a +1 from me though. Would def keep people around.

start at level 0

and so on..

This would be alright, as long as points you've already acquired apply. However, I'm not sure I agree with the extra weapons so much.

I would also like to recommend a point-donation system which, if I recall correctly, was brought up by Jango first and then many people agreed with.

• Like 1

Yea I like all of JJK's ideas except the Intermission boss birds. I think for the points for zombies you could have it like humans do but when you kill humans you get points or use brains you could be able to add health onto your zombie for that game (not permanent). Like a shop for zombies.

I was thinking they should add 3 new weapon on the server. One of them should be a "Suppressed Sniper Rifle" Its has the same effects as the in-game "Silencer SMG" and the "Stalker Assault Rifle" basically hidden you aura/life sign from zombie, also the stats is a bit better then the "Stubber Rifle". The other two is a classic to kill a zombies that would be a "Bat" bashing some heads-off with knockback and a "Machete" slash with hard force...

• Like 1

I was thinking they should add 3 new weapon on the server. One of them should be a "Suppressed Sniper Rifle" Its has the same effects as the in-game "Silencer SMG" and the "Stalker Assault Rifle" basically hidden you aura/life sign from zombie, also the stats is a bit better then the "Stubber Rifle". The other two is a classic to kill a zombies that would be a "Bat" bashing some heads-off with knockback and a "Machete" slash with hard force...

I will work on these when I get the chance. Thanks for the suggestions.

I would like to suggest that abstraction_night be removed from the map rotation because it's repetitive and boring and people only pick it so they can farm points.

Also, how about splitting our server into two; one for objective maps, and the other for everything else.

Oh, how about giving headcrabs the ability to crawl on walls like the xenomorphs in the Aliens franchise? That would be cool.

Edited by Gamma.CM

hello, i am hear to recommend some things that i feel like should be added/changed:

1.weapons-

the flame thrower

the flame thrower will have the animation of team fortrest2 fire (or something like it)

zombies will take 2 secs of burn time

wooden props will not burn by the weapon (this will incourage griefing)

i feel like this weapon should coast about 500-600 points.

dr. sun god

this weapon is a super powerful laser that melts the zombies flesh

it has a one time use that kills any zombies (but boss zombies)

every type of zombies get hurt (including shade, its a beam of light)

this will coast 1000 + points

2. game play

leveling system

this will remove the worst part of zombie survival, shit cading! (you will unlock the hammer at level 5)

this could also remove vote kick spamming (you could unlock vote kick at level 10-20)

you could remove levels for a warning rather than having to kick then have a "bad rep" for kick abuse

i bet your asking how does one level up? you level up by completing maps (you get 2 levels for beating winning the map, 1 for losing)

zombie kill counter

i think that we should have a zombie kill counter just to add a bit more competitive

• Like 1

[spoiler=kfz669 said:]

hello, i am hear to recommend some things that i feel like should be added/changed:

1.weapons-

the flame thrower

the flame thrower will have the animation of team fortrest2 fire (or something like it)

zombies will take 2 secs of burn time

wooden props will not burn by the weapon (this will incourage griefing)

i feel like this weapon should coast about 500-600 points.

dr. sun god

this weapon is a super powerful laser that melts the zombies flesh

it has a one time use that kills any zombies (but boss zombies)

every type of zombies get hurt (including shade, its a beam of light)

this will coast 1000 + points

2. game play

leveling system

this will remove the worst part of zombie survival, shit cading! (you will unlock the hammer at level 5)

this could also remove vote kick spamming (you could unlock vote kick at level 10-20)

you could remove levels for a warning rather than having to kick then have a "bad rep" for kick abuse

i bet your asking how does one level up? you level up by completing maps (you get 2 levels for beating winning the map, 1 for losing)

zombie kill counter

i think that we should have a zombie kill counter just to add a bit more competitive

1 a. The only thing that fit and work is this Flamethrower.

If they are going to add this "OP" weapon the points of buying it should be in the 1k ....getting 500-600 points are easly to make. Also another idea is that its does not required ammo it come with it when buying for the first time the limit is 200(use it up its useless...buy another then)

1 b. "Dr. sun god" ummmm..... no still OP

2 a. A leveling system is a bad idea...I been on one of those server with it and my thoughts is...its suck, the higher lvl player keep stealing the exp/kills on zombies and its has no freedom to use any weapon and then...what is the points of having the player save Zs_points if you cant get any weapons you want if you stay at lvl 1...

2 b. "A Zombies kill counter"...If i'm right its already in the game when a map end you can see the player achievement

Edited by JangoD'soulâ„¢

I'm sure this has been said before, but I would really like to see the new maps or unplayed good maps being voted on, or the whole map vote system be redone so that the same maps don't get chosen over and over and over and over and u get the picture. People tend to choose the maps at the top of the map list because thats the first thing they see, never the bottom of the list maps. A sort of randomiser in the map list would be good.

New worth menu returns:

Name: Weak Link

Description: Unable to pick up and move props in exchange for worth.

Info: Basically, the player can't move props.

Amount: -25 worth

Name: Foreign

Description: Unable to pick up/receive weapons in exchange for worth.

Info: The player won't be able to pick up or receive weapons, however, they can still get them from the worth/point shop menu.

Amount: -20 worth

Name: Infection

Description: Zombie attacks will act like poison in exchange for worth.

Info: Whenever the player is attacked by any sort of zombie(not prop kills), they will slowly start to lose 20 health.

Amount: -30 worth

Name: Unfamiliar

Description: Health bar GUI is disabled in exchange for worth.

Info: The player will not be able to see/know their current health.

Name: Uninformed

Description: Amount of ammo GUI is disabled in exchange for worth.

Info: The player will not be able to see/know how much ammo their guns have.

Edited by ReaperRaptor
  • Like 1

I don't think uninformed would really work, because you could still just hold alt to see everything; and I think your worth values are a bit high.

I'm suggesting that my maps be added; links are in their respective threads. They've been done for a while and they're still not on the server.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok after the GMOD meeting we have a list of maps that have been talked about removing them from the server. Here is the list:

zs_countryside

zs_obj_pheonix

zs_crest_of_waves

zs_guantlet

zs_nachet_der_untoten

zs_marsh_fixed

zs_canyon

zs_alexg_motel

zs_farmhouse

zs_city_14

zs_gravity

zs_raunchyhouse

zs_rs_vacant

zs_ruraldepartment

zs_stormier

zs_citadel

zs_transit

zs_urbanroofs_fixed

zs_urbandecay

zs_deadmount_reborn

zs_infected_square

Please post your thoughts on these maps and I will keep track of votes to remove and stuff like that.

• Like 1

zs_canyon

why

zs_obj_pheonix

no

zs_farmhouse

double no

keep farmhouse, it doesn't crash at all. there is literally nothing wrong with it. the real problem is that no one tries to play the map and they end up producing shitcades or no cade at all. i played it successfully to past wave 4, if there had been more people not giving up instantly we could have most definitely won the game. you just gotta try the map and not just give up the moment it's switched to it.

• Like 2