Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Zombie Survival Suggestions!

DirtyDNA

Please do something about rage votes, its not funny to see a group of smart and skilled players lose 200+ pts on a map just because zombies arent even trying to attack the cade.

Like, the vents on viruslabs, a lot of people dont know you could just go poison headcrab and spit on the back of the vent and GG, but no, people rage vote to other shitty, more harder maps.

Also, its mostly done so humans dont win even on easy maps, like abandoned mall.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to suggest buy-able item called the Collector. Its a machine item that collects poison [from headcrabs, pukepuss, or posion zombies]. It sucks in all that poison from those zombies and protects it from humans. It can only hold a certain amount and then players can then use the mechanics wrench to repair it, or drain the poison so it doesn't get full. Just something i saw in a Zombie OUTBREAK server. thought it would be cool :)

• Like 1

Need to nerf the poison headcrab - I think it deals too much damage (maybe 10 instead of 15) and it blinds for too long, also, the zombies should get buffs until there reaches a certain amount of them, because I'm tired of being slaughtered before I can even touch humans.

May I suggest a rank-up system where you get access to better weapons and equipment as well? It should cost thousands of points for each rank, eventually reaching into the tens of thousands, because people can farm REALLY well on ZS.

Should add a system that shows how much damage you do, like the one from TF2.

Need to nerf the poison headcrab - I think it deals too much damage (maybe 10 instead of 15) and it blinds for too long, also, the zombies should get buffs until there reaches a certain amount of them, because I'm tired of being slaughtered before I can even touch humans.

May I suggest a rank-up system where you get access to better weapons and equipment as well? It should cost thousands of points for each rank, eventually reaching into the tens of thousands, because people can farm REALLY well on ZS.

Should add a system that shows how much damage you do, like the one from TF2.

1. Why nerf the only balanced class on zs?

2. We had one but it wasnt complete at all when it got on the server

3. Good idea but would be too annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to introduce a new "Cading" like system.

Choke Points

What do I mean by Choke Points?

For Example Fuzzy's Safehouse, there is a massive amount of props that end up being of no use, there is the first Main Cade, I prefer to think and call what I'm doing on the hallway as a Choke Point as it will not server much as a Cade, but it is a good thing for some to retreat and fire on the zombies providing help to the ones who still close to the zombies.

Shit Cade Much!?

It's not a CADE, it's a Choke Point or if your prefer to call it a Checkpoint, where the humans shall retreat and it will provide them enough time to retreat to the main cade as some stay in the shooting the zombies off that Point. Reducing the number of deaths.

Does it actually work?

No Idea, Fuzzy's Safehouse seem to be a excelent one to do this, sadly some people just throw everything around or nail stuff in the most stupid places ever, instead of letting me or Profissionals use them. (I'm not a pro, I just do Choke Points because I suck at cading).

It may sometimes hold up to 2 waves depending on organization from the Zombie and Humins on Fuzzy's Safehouse.

Up to one wave in one map that is a school with long hallways and a ton of non used props that I can savage for it.

Nice way to slow down zombies and increat the chances of survival as they will need to destroy that point, making they waste some times, and when they go to the main cade, it will be in good status and will be harder for the Zombies to win.

Also Turtles are important. (Not really)

I hope people like it, mostly want the HG Veterans to see this so they can tell me if this is a good or bad idea itself.

If it's posted in the wrong place, please do not delete it, let me copy it first for the right place.

Thanks for your attention.

• 2 months later...

Also, how about splitting our server into two; one for objective maps, and the other for everything else.

I agree with this notion.

The server regularly has 50-90 people on every evening. This has a simple drawback, lag. In objectives lag causes you to "rubber band" and get stuck in odd places where it is essential to run through.

The server usually has a large split between people who want to play a regular ZS round vs those who want to play objective maps. Which ever wins there will always be others who are then unhappy and will try to troll. EX:enervation and the walkway or people standing on every large prop in a cade.

I know splitting the server may not be feasible but I believe it would create a much friendlier environment to play in.

On another note I would like to see the vote percentages changed a bit. I have seen votekicks with over 50% of people saying yes failing. In the following example a votemap change was initiated at the beginning of a round, even before people finished loading after winning the votemap with around 80% to be successful with only a third saying yes.[spoiler=Example] http://i.imgur.com/oPdbDoQ.jpg.

Edited by Tumtums

I think we should change !motd to instead of saying No racism, instead say No racism, No Racial Slurs, and No Racial Derogatory terms. So that way when people get kicked/banned for saying just a "word" and not using it in a racist way like the way many people use it these days they wont start to fuss and say "Well I wasn't using it in a racist way so it doesn't count!" or "I'm of that ethnicity so it's ok if I say it" Maybe we can prevent some bans, kicks, smart asses and save some time.

Also can we add a trait called "dizzy be gone" for like 25-20 points you get a trait where you are immune to the dizzying effects of poison head crabs. I believe it will help zombies out. Most people run to the back of the cade when they get dizzy to recover health and reload. So if people stop getting dizzy people will get confident and keep on shooting and before they know it they'll be dead from poison zombies and poison head crabs.

Edited by pie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

And on most obj maps like Pharmacy and Enervation, Headcrab exploit are always a problem, and there are not enough admins on to solve this exploit. The zombie just plainly win because of the headcrabs suddenly enable zombies to spawn way ahead of humans. And humans always delay on objectives, which lead to mass point farm and making zomb\ies unable to move on. Hope they fix them soon or there won't be any fun in playing objectives anymore, It's just pointless slaughter form the zombies.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

UNDEAD 1) A point system for the Undead Team that doesn't transfer over to your Human points. The Undead Point System (TUPS) is exclusively for when you are a zombie. You gain points by doin what zombruhs do and you can use those points to buy dank memes, perks such as speed boost, extra swag, increased DMG to humans/barricades (not both), more swaggy HP, increase distance to see Humans HP Orb. Ect, ect.

UNDEAD 2) The ability as a zombie to choose to spawn in the Undeads original spawn. Instead of spawning on your dead brethren.

UNDEAD 3) Having the right-mouse-button do something as a zombie. Wraiths have a wicked scary scream and it'd be cool that if a human was near the wraith it would slow their speed for .05 seconds. (Might be OP, feel free to elaborate)

HUMAN 1) Instead of the perks that increase your speed permanently for that map, make the perk add a sprint bar that allows you a burst of speed for 3-6 seconds. (Regenerates over time)

HUMAN 2) Default classes PRESET. For those new guys that don't know what gear is good they can choose from the preset classes of Medic, Assault, and AmmoDump (Can tweak those classes a lot)

HUMAN 3) When a Boss Zombie is killed he has a chance to drop a random item/perk (The more powerful the item the more rare the drop is)

HUMAN 4) A voice menu. Ex: Pressing 'B' pulls up a list of chat commands just like in TF2. So you don't have to stop running if you have to hit 'W'. Here are some suggestions:

• 1- MEDIC!
  • 2- Wraith!
  • 3- Boss ahead!
  • 4- Ammo Crates here
  • 5- Turret here
  • 6- Incoming
  • 7- Help!
  • 8- Positive (random positive remark)
  • 9- Negative (random negative remark)

HGZS 1) Player Statistic System. Shows the evolution of a player and tracks:

• Kills/Deaths as Human and Undead
  • Points accumulated
  • Points given/received
  • Weapon stats (Kills with, DMG dealt, accuracy/shots fired, times purchased/picked up)
  • How much team health restored
  • Distance traveled
  • Survival rate (Winning as Human)
  • Most used undead class
  • Times as a Boss zombie
  • Favorite Boss zombie
  • DMG dealt to barricades/humans (crates/turrets/aegis count as barricades)
  • Shows what you've achieved on the "Appreciation Board" at the end of a game and how many times you've achieved it. Ex: You have achieved "Stupid" 69 times for dying close to Z-Spawn.

HGZS 2) Leveling system. I don't really know what would be balanced for this but maybe it goes to LVL 20 and every level you gain +10 worth in the beginning worth menu. 500 undead kills to level to LVL 2 and then the required kills doubles every level up to LVL 10 and then the number triples. (Just so people don't get to 20 in the first month) Kills as a zombie = 5 kills Zombie Boss kills = 2

HGZS 3) MVP STATUS BABY! The MVP gets a nice appreciation message every time they join the server and they can choose what swag color they want their name to be in. An MVP is selected every week. The ways MVP is acquired is pretty obvious. Just be dank at ZS.

I have one more idea that's my favorite idea so I'm going to make a seperate post for it since this one is really long anyways and my favorite one is a bit complicated and probably wont even be possible but it sounds bad-ass. Feel free to tweak what I said around and make it better. (Couldn't really think of anything for the leveling system)

• Like 2

UNDEAD 1) A point system for the Undead Team that doesn't transfer over to your Human points. The Undead Point System (TUPS) is exclusively for when you are a zombie. You gain points by doin what zombruhs do and you can use those points to buy dank memes, perks such as speed boost, extra swag, increased DMG to humans/barricades (not both), more swaggy HP, increase distance to see Humans HP Orb. Ect, ect.

UNDEAD 2) The ability as a zombie to choose to spawn in the Undeads original spawn. Instead of spawning on your dead brethren.

UNDEAD 3) Having the right-mouse-button do something as a zombie. Wraiths have a wicked scary scream and it'd be cool that if a human was near the wraith it would slow their speed for .05 seconds. (Might be OP, feel free to elaborate)

HUMAN 1) Instead of the perks that increase your speed permanently for that map, make the perk add a sprint bar that allows you a burst of speed for 3-6 seconds. (Regenerates over time)

HUMAN 2) Default classes PRESET. For those new guys that don't know what gear is good they can choose from the preset classes of Medic, Assault, and AmmoDump (Can tweak those classes a lot)

HUMAN 3) When a Boss Zombie is killed he has a chance to drop a random item/perk (The more powerful the item the more rare the drop is)

HUMAN 4) A voice menu. Ex: Pressing 'B' pulls up a list of chat commands just like in TF2. So you don't have to stop running if you have to hit 'W'. Here are some suggestions:

• 1- MEDIC!
  • 2- Wraith!
  • 3- Boss ahead!
  • 4- Ammo Crates here
  • 5- Turret here
  • 6- Incoming
  • 7- Help!
  • 8- Positive (random positive remark)
  • 9- Negative (random negative remark)

HGZS 1) Player Statistic System. Shows the evolution of a player and tracks:

• Kills/Deaths as Human and Undead
  • Points accumulated
  • Points given/received
  • Weapon stats (Kills with, DMG dealt, accuracy/shots fired, times purchased/picked up)
  • How much team health restored
  • Distance traveled
  • Survival rate (Winning as Human)
  • Most used undead class
  • Times as a Boss zombie
  • Favorite Boss zombie
  • DMG dealt to barricades/humans (crates/turrets/aegis count as barricades)
  • Shows what you've achieved on the "Appreciation Board" at the end of a game and how many times you've achieved it. Ex: You have achieved "Stupid" 69 times for dying close to Z-Spawn.

HGZS 2) Leveling system. I don't really know what would be balanced for this but maybe it goes to LVL 20 and every level you gain +10 worth in the beginning worth menu. 500 undead kills to level to LVL 2 and then the required kills doubles every level up to LVL 10 and then the number triples. (Just so people don't get to 20 in the first month) Kills as a zombie = 5 kills Zombie Boss kills = 2

HGZS 3) MVP STATUS BABY! The MVP gets a nice appreciation message every time they join the server and they can choose what swag color they want their name to be in. An MVP is selected every week. The ways MVP is acquired is pretty obvious. Just be dank at ZS.

I have one more idea that's my favorite idea so I'm going to make a seperate post for it since this one is really long anyways and my favorite one is a bit complicated and probably wont even be possible but it sounds bad-ass. Feel free to tweak what I said around and make it better. (Couldn't really think of anything for the leveling system)

The problem is that you would require to update the whole ZS server and that would mean that players would have to download a huge load of extra packages or stuffs from the workshop and HG kinda focus on keeping the server as simple as it can be so you don't have to download a lot of extra "pointless" crap. (Pointless in the sense that is not a MUST HAVE to be able to play ZS)

I do think that some of those changes would require a minimum coding and it'd be really cool to see them implemented.

• Like 1

ZOMBIE SURVIVAL - SQUAD MODE

(Make SPECIFIC maps for this. I'm not a coder so this might be too much, but hey, a guy can dream right?)

In this Game-Mode you will be assigned to a Squad of up to 10 Noobs. The mission is to survive the Undead Horde past wave 6 and then to proceed to Wave 7 and eliminate the other remaining Squads. Last Squad remaining wins 1000 points (100 per Noob).

Here are the rules:

• In the time you have to choose you arsenal from the Worth Menu, you also have to choose your Squad. There can be up to 9 Squads (90 player server, 10 members per Squad) If there isn't a factor of 10 playing then a Squad will be down a man.
  • If you do not choose a Squad in time you will be randomly placed in one. (AFKers included)
  • You can not see who else has chosen to be in your Squad. (If you wanna be with your friends you better get in TS or Skype calls)
  • Each Squad has a designated color so you can tell who your Squad mates are. Everyone's name will be in the color of their own Squad. And your Squad mates name will be easier to spot than other squads.
  • Each Squad has a Squad Leader (This works well with a LVLing system. The higher the LVL the more chance they have of being chosen as SL) Anyone can be Squad Leader! Each SL gets a beacon to place down for a meet-up point for your fellow Squad members. ONLY YOUR SQUAD CAN SEE IT.
  • New item! A wild Squad-Hammer appears. You can purchase this from the Worth Menu or Arsenal Crates. Same thing as a hammer but only your Squad can suit-zoom through the props. To avoid griefing other Squads Cades, each Squad Nail (New item) must be within 25ft of your Squad beacon.
  • Each wave a task is given to your Squad (Each Squad gets a different task) They are optional to complete but completing a task rewards your Squad with points.
  • Once you've beaten wave 6 and have pushed back the Zombie Outbreak, if there are remaining Humans in rival Squads you must eliminate them within 1 minute to win 1000 points for your Squad (100 per member dead or alive)
  • To qualify for the 100 points you must survive past wave 3. This is to prevent non participants (AFKers and DCers) from getting points not earned.
  • Members of the same Squad cannot harm each other by default.
  • When Wave 7 (1 minute) is finished, the Squad with the most Humans alive win the 1000 points (100 per member)
  • ALTERNATIVE- Each Human alive by Wave 7 adds 100 points to the pot. The Squad that successfully eliminates ALL OTHER SQUADS wins the entire pot (Evenly distributed throughout the Squad) Your Squad must kill ALL REMAINING RIVAL SQUAD MEMBERS to win the pot.

The maps would look like zs_sq_mapname

Edit: This is a fantasy Game-Mode I came up with. Probably will NEVER happen, but oh well. (:

Edited by IG x007
  • Like 1

How about someway for zombies to see in the dark? It's a pain to stumble around and get lost in maps with poor lighting because the zombies lack an efficient way to maneuver in dark places. The current spooky vision or whatever it's called doesn't substitute the flashlight well and I don't think it would break the game to help the zombies out in this particular area.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Bring back heli pad, Krusty Crab, COD map Nacht der Utoten and make the map Shi no Numa

Add a cruise ship survival map.

please visit this thread for map suggestions

i know the original post here talks about new maps, but replying to the other thread in the proper format will increase chances of maps getting tested and getting on the server.

thanks!

Edited by IMI4tth3w

• 2 weeks later...