Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Admin Training Guide

RedDevil6193

• 4 years later...

This rule:

• Do not use admin commands on yourself. Only one that is okay is slaying yourself. If you broke a rule the best thing to do it to apologize and don't do it again.

Changed to:

• You can use admin commands on yourself as long as it's not considered affecting gameplay (I.E: spamming commands on yourself, slapping yourself, etc).

• Like 2

This rule:

• Do not use admin commands on yourself. Only one that is okay is slaying yourself. If you broke a rule the best thing to do it to apologize and don't do it again.

Changed to:

• You can use admin commands on yourself as long as it's not considered affecting gameplay (I.E: spamming commands on yourself, slapping yourself, etc).

what if you are stuck or tying to get some one elce unstuck is that alowed?

what if you are stuck or tying to get some one elce unstuck is that alowed?

!slap

*sm_slap <target> <damage> (Damage should always be left blank or 0)

This command should RARELY ever be used. It should only be used if a target is stuck somewhere on the map where he cannot move himself. Although 99% of the time the slap will not help him out of being stuck.

I'll add that a sm_slap can be useful in situations where a player is not responding to messages in chat, but a sm_kick is too severe to be warranted. Slapping for 0 damage very clearly signals to a player that an admin requires your attention.

Every time I've used it like this, it successfully started dialog with the player and myself.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The following is confirmed for CSS, unknown for other games.

----------------------------------

Another shortcut for targeted commands is @bots which targets obviously, all bots.

Directed/Private chat also supports:

(in team_say)

@@ text : sends chat message only to [Mod]s and above. (Specifically to exclude (gold) [Admin]s)

@@@ text : sends chat messages only to [staff]s and above. (Specifically to exclude [Mod]s)

!teamswitch <player> (console: teamswitch <player>)

Is also valid, however it switches the target immediately, without respawn, and without changing their player model.

It's never appropriate to use this command in CSS.

-----------------------------------

Spray removal warning

When removing a spray, the punishment menu is opened immediately after removal. On the deathmatch servers, yours guns menu can become overlapped by the punishment menu. The guns menu will no longer be visible, only the punishment menu, however selecting an option will instead interact with both menus. The punishment menu will close upon choosing an option, the punishment will be issued, and your guns menu option will have been selected, the punishment menu will then show again shortly after, if the guns menu has not completed and closed, it may overlap the punishment menu and you may accidentally punish a player.

The timing of the punishment menu showing again can be unexpected as well, and you may accidentally punish a player especially if you use 1-4 to select weapons.

This is a limitation of the plugin system and sourcemod.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • Lucas15 featured and unfeatured this topic