Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Tier Unlock System

the score would need to be balanced quite a bit since most games people dont go past 300 at all because of course they are kleiners/noobs. Which would greatly reduce the amount of firepower and the zombies would be able to destroy cades in an instant. That forces people to start point whoring even more. But it needs to be tweaked if this was to be implemented at all.

I agree with people being AFK is an issue and that this can potentially alleviate this problem, but another issue that some can be concerned with is whether they will profit from their killings or not.

Even if players are given an incentive to buy better weapons in the early game to reserve their spots for higher tier weapons in the late-game, there will always, and inevitably be, that issue as to whether one will actually profit or not. Because HG has a point-saving system, this issue will always stick to mind when considering what to buy from the Arsenal Crate, and while the Pointsaving System should always be a part of ZS (because let's face it, it makes the server better than most because of it), it has downsides like this that will compel people to not purchase guns.

I feel that this system is great to force people who want to kill zombies to play, but for medics and carpenters, that could be an issue. Regardless, I approve of this idea and hope to see it in play.

This is called a completely change gameplay after 5 years of existence HGZS, This was something that had to be done from the beginning and not now its too late. We have a solid base gamemode that we have built for 2 years you guys didn't realize If it is established we have too much conflict and balance it will take a while for balance many people are accustomed to this gameplay with the point saving and people wating for high tier, we can not change the game mode like that the day of overnight, many people will left hgzs, this idea is too late

TheAtrocity (1st page)

1) Harder for humans to win?

>We lose most of the maps anyways. Population is unskilled, as usual. Unless people know the map very well and there is a clear form of communication between a halfway competent cade and the rest of the team, zombies are going to win majority of the time.

The server is turned to 65 average player per month fully of noob we are ruinning out of veterans peoples who know how to play, they left because past this 2 years the gameplay has a lot changed and they disagreed with the change and certain decision, make this idea approved will make the same story and I do not think I would accept this idea or it would be my turn. The change of gameplay is very important here one stupid example, lot of people like CSGO if dev from csgo make like Call Of Duty with "Kill Streak" people will left because the dev has changed the gameplay, this idea is same.

Better fix some unbalanced thing like bonemesh than change gameplay who will bring more problem than before, all is said done.

Edited by Trazix
  • Like 6

When I saw this post I was just surprised to see that some of you were interested ...

Add this system is completely stop the HGZS system. If you do this, just remove the saving point! You are becoming nox ...

You have to change everything, the damage of the balls etc. You think of the afk but think, for example, wave 2 with 30 zombies and the cade is not finished, you will defend yourself with small weapons? Knowing that to make the point with these small weapons one must be good ... and this does not yield points (not even enough to buy ammunition).

How do you deal with shades if you have no pts to buy a crossbow? Face the boss too?

HGZS goes much better for 3-4 months! We go back in ranking of the active servers (even before nox), WHY do you want to change ???

Do you remember last year in september when we were times 2 players on the server in the middle of the day and in the evening no more than 35 players ? Do this and there will be no need to fix the lags as there will not be as many people on the server.

Ask yourself the right questions ... why are some players afk? I think they are afk because either they do not have points and they have no money to buy (new), or they do not like the map (it happens) ...

Why not put the free tier 1 weapons? Why not put the hammers free? It would motivate the players for example.

I'm sick of HGZS doing all the time updates, changes etc when things are going well ...

Edited by Master ToF
  • Like 4

When I saw this post I was just surprised to see that some of you were interested ...

Add this system is completely stop the HGZS system. If you do this, just remove the saving point! You are becoming nox ...

You have to change everything, the damage of the balls etc. You think of the afk but think, for example, wave 2 with 30 zombies and the cade is not finished, you will defend yourself with small weapons? Knowing that to make the point with these small weapons one must be good ... and this does not yield points (not even enough to buy ammunition).

How do you deal with shades if you have no pts to buy a crossbow? Face the boss too?

HGZS goes much better for 3-4 months! We go back in ranking of the active servers (even before nox), WHY do you want to change ???

Do you remember last year in september when we were times 2 players on the server in the middle of the day and in the evening no more than 35 players ? Do this and there will be no need to fix the lags as there will not be as many people on the server.

Ask yourself the right questions ... why are some players afk? I think they are afk because either they do not have points and they have no money to buy (new), or they do not like the map (it happens) ...

Why not put the free tier 1 weapons? Why not put the hammers free? It would motivate the players for example.

I'm sick of HGZS doing all the time updates, changes etc when things are going well ...

Maybe this can be implemented on certain maps which are human sided or made as a feature the better players can turn on to give them a challenge (when mode is turned on, it can only be turned off next map).

• Like 2

Maybe this can be implemented on certain maps which are human sided or made as a feature the better players can turn on to give them a challenge (when mode is turned on, it can only be turned off next map).

What you say, I'm sorry but that's even more of a bad idea ... this will do 2 modes. It is already hard to find the right balance for a gun so I cant imagine to merged 2 modes together. Why change things when ALL IS GOOD ?? Why not put the free tier 1 weapons? Going into something that could cause a lot of players to lose?

Edited by Master ToF

What you say, I'm sorry but that's even more of a bad idea ... this will do 2 modes. It is already hard to find the right balance for a gun so I cant imagine to merged 2 modes together. Why change things when ALL IS GOOD ?? Why not put the free tier 1 weapons? Going into something that could cause a lot of players to lose?

I see what you mean, but some people want a challenge, what we should be doing is thinking of a way that we can make it harder for the skilled players and make them happy. Like you said, there's been a lot of updates and its pretty balanced right now, but we cant only make it sided for kleiners, the server needs to provide skilled players with a challenge as well.

Ofc, all this balancing we've been doing has showed how hard it is to achieve that. Either one side or the other will complain that it's too easy or too hard.

• Like 3

I see what you mean, but some people want a challenge, what we should be doing is thinking of a way that we can make it harder for the skilled players and make them happy. Like you said, there's been a lot of updates and its pretty balanced right now, but we cant only make it sided for kleiners, the server needs to provide skilled players with a challenge as well.

Ofc, all this balancing we've been doing has showed how hard it is to achieve that. Either one side or the other will complain that it's too easy or too hard.

You say yourself that it is difficult to adjust the parameters. So why go in there? You say it takes challenge for the "good" players, but we lose most of the maps anyways... >> See the message of atrocity number 1 of the trazix quote.

After 5 years of HGZS, why does the server work with 100 people? 100! Because this is the current system they like. You mean to the players "it's been 5 years that we play like this and now it will be the whole reverse" ... My opinion, this will be a defeat, heavy consequences ... I am sorry but it is My opinion.

Edited by Master ToF

You say yourself that it is difficult to adjust the parameters. So why go in there? You say it takes challenge for the "good" players, but we lose most of the maps anyways... >> See the message of atrocity number 1 or the trazix quote.

After 5 years of HGZS, why does the server work with 100 people? 100! Because this is the current system they like. You mean to the players "it's been 5 years that we play like this and now it will be the whole reverse" ... My opinion, this will be a defeat, heavy consequences ... I am sorry but it is My opinion.

We have the debug server for a reason, its a place for testing.

• Like 3

We have the debug server for a reason, its a place for testing.

The debug are not the players ... This thing needs to be tested only in reality. Ryze i'm sorry but ,It is as if you wanted to buy a car irl but you try it on a video game like gran turismo

Edited by Master ToF

The debug are not the players ... This thing needs to be tested only in reality. Ryze i'm sorry but ,It is as if you wanted to buy a car irl but you try it on a video game like gran turismo

I'd do a vote among players btw to see everyone's opinion. Also feel free to talk more on TS whenever you like (j'avais pas la chance a te dire que j'aimerais faire un vote si on est vraiment serieux avec ce changement)

• Like 3

Or some players are probably AFK because they are doing something else that is diverting their attention away from the game. That's another way to perceive it.

its rare that every human dies on wave one or two its usually stupid humans and afks. the tier system is fine has it is

this is a terrible idea

says the kid who barely plays. Please explain how this is stupid

ok i play often, just because YOU don't see me when i play doesn't mean i barely play

what this "tier" means is point saving is WORTHLESS

This is called a completely change gameplay after 5 years of existence HGZS, This was something that had to be done from the beginning and not now its too late. We have a solid base gamemode that we have built for 2 years you guys didn't realize If it is established we have too much conflict and balance it will take a while for balance many people are accustomed to this gameplay with the point saving and people wating for high tier, we can not change the game mode like that the day of overnight, many people will left hgzs, this idea is too late

i agree with trazix this shoud have been added log ago if it were to be added but its too late

also think of solo caders not being able to buy a stealth hand gun and die because of it

and what happens when 50% of humans are dead

the tier system is fine how it is

well lets look at what objectives are now, i mean its basically spawncamping as is right now without any sort of challenge at the start of maps. I feel you could have the same system here, BUT zombies would need a change. the max zombie would only be POISON ZOMBIE.

obj have ALWAYS been spawn camping because spawns have been so close to cades. do you want us to not cade spawns.

humans would LOSE all obj maps

i wait for tier 5/4/3 because i save ammo for them so im not contently buying ammo

master ToF and Trazix have very valid points on this "tier" update and why it should NOT be added. and the current tier system

is perfectly fine

Well, I am disagree with this idea because it's bullshit but HG ZS is already lose for all the maps and this idea is looks like Nox score system so I don't want to add it.

It's a no from me, I don't want Nox adding it afterwards then claiming I steal there code again and have another wave of Nox people adding me in attempts to insult me.

This is true.

• Like 1