Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Explosive Limit Per Player

Uni

Let’s imagine that you are playing objective event horizon, at the beginning of wave 1, someone buys all the grenades/claymores then proceeds to die at the very next 5 minutes. Which means that all the grenades/claymores will be lost and the humans will have less ways of protecting themselves in the later parts of the objective map. (Basically making the game harder in general.) 

Another example, a solo cade gets all the explosive in the game, leaving the maincade(s) with none left. Claymores can be very useful in certain situations, and if someone grabs it all for a solocade, it feels a bit unfair to the others in the main cades. 

Ive heard a hell lot of complaints ingame about people buying all the explosives at once, so I got the idea of limiting the amount of grenades/claymores/detpacks/stuff you can get in one round. Oh and uhm if you don’t agree with this please say it in the friendliest way possible, no need for arguments. Go friendly community!

• Like 2

This is something @Laces115 suggested already.

so I got the idea of limiting the amount of grenades/claymores/detpacks/stuff you can get in one round.

@Uni

I wouldn't set an explosives purchase limit to a single round because that doesn't stop players from buying and spamming explosives. One thing I proposed [I think] from Laces' similar topic was instead of having a limited stock of explosives, make it so that there is an infinite stock of explosives, but every player is limited to buying only 2 or 3 explosives per round. Claymores, det. packs, SLAM mines, and grenades all count towards this limit, which means that if someone wanted to spam explosives, they wouldn't be able to because they're only able to buy and use 2 or 3 explosives/ round.

The exception to this is if they received a SLAM mine or grenade from the Worth Menu, which doesn't count towards the limit.

Having this system in-place would also encourage teamwork by requiring every human player to pull their weight and points in to setting explosive deathtraps, rather than having one player set them all.

• Like 1

Why not have it so that every stock item gets destroyed when a player holding it dies and it is restored and available again? Since some certain individuals just can't have T6/all force fields/ grenades and such.

@Talbot

I think the issue with this is that when a human dies, they drop all their stuff. If Forrest can work around this and make it where for explosives and utilities, dying doesn't drop them, but instead refunds their stock in the Arsenal Crate, then this is possible.

However, I think having a system like this is complicated because we would also need to account for what happens if a human drops their explosive or utility device for another player to pick up.