Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Worth Menu Traits & Returns Suggestions

Jareth26

Just thinking of a few returns that could be interesting. Return / debuff values of course can be changed for balance.

• Anemia: +10-15 worth
    • "Bleed" status effect does 1.5x more damage
  • Hemophilia: +10-15 worth
    • Every hit from a zombie applies the "Bleed" status effect
    • Re-name the unable to receive heals return to "Trypanophobia" (fear of needles/medical procedures).
  • Insecure: +5-10 worth
    • The lower your health, the more inaccurate you are with weapons
    • Similar to Palsy, but with Cone of Fire instead of reticle drift.
  • Bad Shot: +15 worth
    • Decreases your accuracy by 25%
    • Similar to Faulty Loader / Finicky, but with Cone of Fire instead.
Edited by Jareth26
  • Like 2

How about you change the title to Worth menu Traits & Returns Suggestions, because they are like inversely proportional to each other and so we don't need to make another topic for the traits later.

Traits

• Juggernaut: 100 worth

55% resistance to all damage, 25% faster melee, 25% more melee damage. However you can only use fists, can't buy weapons, can't take weapons, can't receive weapons but medics heal you 15% more.

I know it is kind of complicated but would be pretty fun for objectives and a change.

@A Imperfect perfection Not necessarily beating the living hell out of zombies, it is more like a support thing like if you see a teammate dying you can jump in the zombies face to save them or let them shoot before they die, or block the way when the last props drops in the cade hoping that others will put another prop while you stall zombies even if for one second. 

Few thoughts:

Anemia

The debuff w/ regard to Worth gain from this is not even close to making this viable. Keep in mind that 1.5x == 150% percent-wise, which means that someone with Bleed would take more than twice the damage with this Return trait on. Considering how humans have default 100 health, and not everyone who joins our server has over 100 health, and given how easily it is for zombies to go Blood Warden + Headcrab combo, this is something no one's going to get.

Fix: +25 Worth / "Bleed" status effect now permanently reduces your max health by 3 points/ game tick, or 3 points/ second.

Hemophilia

This is broken and game-breaking, on top of making Blood Warden useless because Blood Warden does this already. We might as well remove Blood Warden if this becomes a selectable Return trait, which will never happen. The proposed re-name for this trait also doesn't make sense for what this trait does.

Fix: keep name / +15 Worth / "Bleed" lasts 50% longer and slows by 15% for the duration.

Insecure

Not an appropriate trait name for what this trait actually does, nor should this trait be added; it's just a more-complicated Palsy clone. Not necessary to add, and a poor excuse to give humans more worth for what it does.

Fix: don't add to game.

Bad Shot

Like Insecure, this trait is a Palsy clone. Not necessary to add to the game because it would be redundant and act as a poor excuse for humans to get more starting Worth.

Fix: don't add to game.

Juggernaut (provided by Old Bill)

Essentially useless not only for how much it costs, but for what humans get out of it. Reminder that humans die very fast because they have 100 default health, and zombies inflict approx. 32-35 damage/ hit.

Humans with this trait being unable to pick-up nor receive weapons doesn't make any sense. No thanks.

This trait could be added to make things more fun and interesting, but there are much better ways to do that than take this route. Sorry, this is a very useless trait for what it does, and no one's going to get it unless it provided some benefit that's worthwhile.

Fix: -70 Worth / 70% damage resistance, can't be slowed, attack 15% faster, but can only buy melee weapons and utility tools.

• Thanks 1

Heavy hitter is an existing trait that gives extra 50% damage to melee weapons, however I think this trait can be improved by making it also make melee weapons 25% faster but does not accumulate with berserker trait, because some want to melee main without berserker so I think this will make it better.

• 1 month later...

@Snowyamur

Late, but the rename for hemophilia was for the existing return to be renamed.

If I remember correctly, hemophilia used to apply a bleed effect on being hit, similarly to what blood warden zombies do now. However this was changed to not being able to be healed, which does not make sense with the name.

I was wanting the existing hemophilia trait to be renamed to Trypanophobia, then add a new trait called Hemophilia that was more like the OG hemophilia. But your suggestion of having bleed last longer works too.

With regards to Anemia, no one should get Clumsy either; one hit and you are essentially dead as you can't do anything. Yet people grab that return sometimes and it is still in the game.

Your suggestion of making it permanently reduce health is, in my opinion, even worse than having It do 50% more damage (which is what I meant to say), and would result in me not getting it, even at 25 worth. Maybe have Anemic cause slow and blindness stacks when taking bleed damage (adjusting the worth return of course)?