Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Special abilities for cards upgrading after a certain level

Old Bill

Attention please read this before proceeding 

I am simply suggesting that the cards have special abilities after some certain level, the following are JUST ideas that I think would be good and are not FINAL, if you like the "suggestion" itself but not the following ideas or think some of them need some change then please reply what you think should be changed or added. But if you don't like the "suggestion" from the first place then feel free to object with a reply stating why you don't like it or why it should not be there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why, what is the difference between this and normal upgrading?

The reason I have suggested this is to encourage people to spend and have more reasons to collect points, other than the fact there are some cards untouched by the majority so it would be fun to actually see people seek to upgrade them and the difference is that these special abilities are a one time thing unlike the normal upgrading which attributes slowly upgrade till the card is maxed. And you might notice some of the following abilities have a unique power to them and you might be like if they are used by multiple they will be kind of overpowered while that is partially true but you have to remember that not everyone has the same number of cards, or even the same cards themselves, and maybe not even the will to upgrade in the first place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords

On kill --> In kill feed, it only shows your name as the killer no one else with you

On assist --> In kill feed, it shows that you assisted someone in killing

On use --> Applies only when you are using the weapon

Consecutive --> One after another without a gap (miss) in between

Let us start, I will not cover all cards but the ones I have thought of ideas for.

Humans

Silencer level 9

+25% more reduced aura range

Drill deagle level 9

Clip increases by two bullet

Glock level 9

Last bullet of the clip is 50% more accurate

Eraser level 10

Last bullet in the clip does 5x the damage instead of 3x

Fists level 6

After 3 consecutive successful hits to a zombie, the fourth one will deal two times the damage

Jump card level 6

Your legs are strong now, when you fall from a height that knocks you down you take 25% less falling damage and recover 50% faster.

Katana level 8

You are a ninja now, 50% more movement control when you are airborne 

Kongo Axe level 8

On use: when your health >= 50%, you get 25% poison resistance 

Executioner Axe level 7

non-boss zombies with health lower than 50% bleed on hit for 5 seconds a hit.

Car Axel level 6

Hitting nailed car parts (tires, car doors, car themselves) increases the area of effect by 75% 

HMTECH-101 Medic Pistol & HMTECH-401 Medic assault level 11

10 worth points off discount of the worth menu

Meat Hook level 6

Being within 10 meters of the hooked zombie, damages them +3% more a second

Hunter rifle level 10

3 headshots make your 4th bullet do a headshot damage regardless of whether it hits the head or not

Axe level 9

You are a trained fireman now, axe deals 300% more damage to doors.

Knife level 9

Back stabs deal 100% more damage

Plank level 9

Double right click drops the plank as a prop so you can use it for the barricade (this action cannot be undone as it will become a prop)

Stun baton level 9

Deal two times the damage to zapped zombies

Crowbar level 10

On use: You get 5% damage resistance to headcrabs attacks

Destroyer sniper rifle level 5

Bullet penetration reduction is reduced to 40% from 60%

Bow level 10

For every 5 bows, you get a bow that does 50% penetration 

Akbar level 6

On use: If you have a grenade, you will explode on death.

Ender level 8

Clip increases by two bullet

Promethium Magnum level 5

If you kill with the last bullet in your clip, one bullet is transferred from your ammo to your clip (without reloading)

regular Impaler level 6

30% chance that your next reload will be as fast as the photon impaler

Grim Reaper Machine Gun level 6

On Kill: One bullet is transferred from your ammo to your clip

On every two assists: One bullet is transferred from your ammo to your clip

(both cases without reloading) with a maximum of 100 bullets then you will have to reload again

Dragon Breath level 6

Last resort: Your last bullet in the clip fires a special bullet that makes every zombie you burn with it burn 2 other zombies burn if they make contact to them (Note: you are required to fully reload the gun to do this)

Doom shotgun level 6

Be economical, new secondary fire mode that deals half the damage but only shoots one bullet at a time

Destructor automatic shotgun level 6

Clip increases by 3 bullets

Evo level 4

New fire mode that you can switch to by E + R, semi-automatic 

Grenades level 6

5% chance your explosion burns zombies

Health level 6

Other players heal you 10% more (More)

Carpenter hammer level 6:
50% more nails from arsenal crate & resupply box

Wrench level 7:
Every 2 consecutive successful wrench *repair hits* to Supply crate give you 2 seconds of damage resistance buff

Zombie Damage Resistance level 2

Gives you 4 more seconds of damage resistance buff from Defender trait.

Worth card level 3

Points multiplier bonus crate (double points and triple points) lasts 50% longer

Suicide bomb level 3

If the wave is not 6, then 10% chance that you will survive your explosion and be unable to buy suicide bomb for the rest of the round.

Speed level 3

Gives you 4 more seconds of speed boost from Adrenaline and Defender traits.

Zeus level 3

The further the zombie is in the shock chain the more they are damaged by +2 a zombie

Stormforce sniper level 3

Heat vision mode that can be activated at will can ONLY be used on scope after dealing 6000 damage to zombies, the mode lasts for 10 seconds. And it is different than the one in the bonus crate as it does not show you their health or which zombie they are, just their aura (similar to the one that zombies see but without health status)

Gluon level 2

5% faster ventilation

Hurricane level 2

10% slower cooldown

Grenade Launcher level 2

50% resistance to your own explosions

Zombies

Regular zombie level 10

As regular & Fresh Dead & Gore On knock down: 65% resistance to all types of damage until you get up except Shovel

As medic zombie: your flesh heals 30% more

Ghoul level 8

Ghoul & Alpha Ghoul: You can make a spawn 10% closer to humans in distance

Putrid Ghoul: Hitting a human gives you 1 second speed boost

Bloated zombie level 7

Dealing 125 damage to the barricade increases the puke emitted on death by 40%, dealing lower than that will also increase it but the lower you damage, the less extra puke.

Fast zombie level 7

50% faster climbing

Fast headcrab level 7

10% smaller size

Regular headcrab level 7

15% faster burrowing (Shift mode)

Wraith level 7

As Wraith on kill: You get 30 seconds of being completely silent or until you die

As Apparition: When your health is above 60% you don't make pain sounds when damaged

Crow level 7

50% more barricade points gain

Poison headcrab level 6

As regular poison headcrab: 10% faster lunge attack

As venom poison headcrab: While a human is under bitten poison effect others heal them 33% less (More)

Bullsquid level 5

2 extra secondary projectiles 

Revenant level 6

As regular: You are legion's best friend!, around legion you deal 10% more damage

As fridge revenant: 25% damage resistance to fire

As blood revenant: life leech trait gives you 15% more health

Poison zombie level 6

50% thicker skull when your health is above 50%

Immolator level 6

As immolator: Now you are fired up, the first prop/human you collide to burns then there is a cooldown of 6 seconds until you can do that again

As chilled immolator: Snow ball (secondary attack) radius increases by 25%

Zombine level 6

Claw attacks will not disable your sprint now

Nightmare level 2

As regular nightmare: When your health is 15% or under your attacks will cause the barricade to take overtime damage (basically ruin trait)

As steadfast nightmare: Get those runners, the further you are from the humans the faster, you are up to 25% faster when you are away from humans and the closer you get to them the more your speed goes back to the base one.

As ancient nightmare: Those ancient angry bones of yours will teach those humans a lesson, a berserker bonus starts when your health is under 40%, your attacks get faster up to 20%.

Tickle monster level 2

As regular tickle monster: 10% longer claws

As tickle nightmare: You are a door cade destroyer now, aside from having 10% extended claws if the nailed prop is door model of any type you do 25% more damage to it.

Shade level 5

As regular Shade & Omega Shade: You take 50% less damage from (the portable lamp)

As Shadow Shade: Darkness shall take over, portable lamps within your area of effect completely disable

As Frost Shade: 25% fire resistance and *ice explosion on death* 

Howler level 6

As Howler, Spirit Hunt: Every human effected by your howling gives you +1% extra damage for as long as they are under the effect with maximum of 20%

As Sufferer: Your howls last 50% longer on bosses

The butcher level 5

As regular butcher: When your health is below 50% you become enraged, being damaged with melee gives you 10% speed and attacking boost for 2 seconds

As chrono butcher teleportation unfreeze: 10% faster 

Bonemesh level 2

Regular projectiles make bigger flesh projectiles that heals zombies more

Gas projectiles get 10% bigger radius

Wendigo level 5

Humans cannot slow you down with bullets and the less health you have the faster you get, you get faster up to 25%

Nerf level 5

50% faster cooldown for your next secondary attack

King headcrab level 5

As regular king headcrab: 50% faster burrowing (Shift mode)

As doom headcrab: 15% smaller size

Legion level 5

50% damage resistance to melee weapons

Devourer level 5

Devourer: New fire mode that you can switch to by pressing R just like bonemesh, instead of hooking humans. You can use your hook to climb walls (just like spider man)

Leecher: Two extra hooks

Pukepus level 5

As regular pukepus on death: You explode like a balloon of poison in all directions (front, left, right, back).

As electro pus you disable force fields for slightly longer

As Gorepus: 25% beefer healing projectiles

This topic is subject to be changed or have stuff added at any time, please give feedback and ideas if you are into it.

Edited by Old Bill
  • Like 5

Humans:

The deagle and the impaler suggestions seem a bit off to me, since they both do penetration damage. I guess the impaler not so much because of the stocks, but the deagle... I dunno. Imagine if 20-30 humans all had that deagle upgrade. Sounds like a bunch of complaining and ragequits from zombies if you ask me. 

Zombies: 

All of them seem fine to me except the bloated and headcrab upgrades. Same thing about the deagle for humans for the bloated upgrade. 20-30 zombies have it, gg quick rounds. The headcrab upgrades seem completely useless or broken. I mean honestly, who burrows as a headcrab unless your're king crab or a fire crab? Faster burrowing speed? Sounds useless to me. The fast headcrab upgrade can easily make them one of the most annoying zombies in the game. They already have a dodgy-as-all-fuck hitbox, so making them 10 percent smaller sounds rage inducing. 

These are my opinions about these changes, feel free to disagree or agree with me :P

@Rebelle_ thanks for your input, first of all the deagle one I have no idea why you think it is overpowered even though it is just one extra bullet added to the clip, other than the fact not all players will upgrade it to level 8 nor can all players, and on the top of that not all the people think the same. There are many things that could be overpowered if you like say 20-30 players did them and they are possible to do, for example Boomstick has no stock so what if 20-30 players got Boomsticks, then we would expect rage quits from the zombies however we NEVER see that happen because some players can have different strategies in the game and different tastes.

as for the zombies cards, the bloated zombie might be a bit overpowered however it is still a far level, we can make it a further level too. The poison headcrab I think it is good already I mean have you ever been blinded by a poison headcrab it is annoying as hell, imagine it being one second or two longer that would be aweful for humans which is the point, and let me tell you a short story of how as a poison headcrab I beat a solo cade alone, after I blinded him from outside, it was just two bites then he was dead they were so easy to do as he hardly could tell where I was.

The fast headcrab and regular headcrab, It is true these two are not much especially the regular headcrab only burrows faster, I think this one has to change but the other one about the fast headcrab it can actually be bothersome to humans, I remember one time in elementary school map humans had a thick cade and the ones that beat the humans were the fast headcrabs for being fast and small and after all it is just what I could think of, so if anyone has better ideas for those two then please suggest them right away :)

Edit: Also as you said @Rebelle_ who burrows as a headcrab, so if we add this buff we can actually encourage players to use this function more and make it more useful.

Edited by Old Bill