Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How did you come across HG?!

Apt. 2B

Well long ago i stumbled across bhopping and that was all i would do on CS:S, i would play no other type of game besides that. After i became decent i decided to look for another challenge where i found deathruns and instantly fell in love, between deathruns and bhopping i was set i needed no other type of entertainment. through that course of bhopping for about 2 years i probably ran into HG a few times without realizing it. Slowly i stopped playing CS:S and moved on. Some great time later i realized i hated console games and returned to PC where i dusted off CS:S once again. After playing some of my old favorites i though it would be nice to find another type of game, after going through a bunch like surf, climb, etc. i found jailbreak. i didn't quite understand at first why someone would listen to someone else shout orders at them and listen and find it fun to play. But i started to like it for some odd reason, hours of play turned into days and days turned into weeks and weeks to months and next thing i know i joined HG fell in love with the community and gaming aspect and now play daily.

umm like a year and I half ago I was playing on some of the HG tf2 servers, and I really enjoyed it so I joined up. Unfortunatly shortly after I went through a ruff patch in my life and didnt really game at all for almost a year. Then when I came back I re-applyd to the css division cause thats mostly what I play, and now here I am.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I actually came across HG about nine months ago on Counter-Strike: Source, when I was looking for a good match to play on cs_office since it's my favorite map. Because I hated having to save hostages or keep them from being saved, I joined it as it's name contained 24/7 Office Deathmatch and was even more excited to see it was populated and had no money system and you could have whatever weapons you want. After awhile of playing that I checked a couple other CSS servers, but office remained my favorite, and I eventually came to the Steam group and a month later to the website. I found the list of all the other servers and had a little bit of time in the Minecraft server, but not much, and then I got caught up in the DarkRP and PERP Garry's Mod servers and haven't gone back since. I was excited to start an experience in the group and now I am where I'm at =)

It happened on july 2012, i was bored looking for a game to play and there it was, counter strike source, i bought it and started looking for servers, and i came across the jailbreak server, instantly fell in the love and inmediatly applied for recruit :D

Well it all started a couple of years ago. I was 17 at the time. At the time my name on steam was Metal. Anyway, I narrowed my searches down to most people on a server and the map names. The map name seemed weird to me. I joined and was like. Why is there so many people with mics!? I eventually grew to love playing jailbreak and as of the beginning of 2012. I started to love leading days. I really love the community because they are a bunch of sarcastic bastards like me ;) Excuse my language. I really like the people and im enjoying coming back and seeing all of these changes. Keep up the good work guys. Love ~Meshuggah

• 2 weeks later...

one day while I got used to play Arabs JB the server closed for some reason so I started looking for another one to play in after searching I found nothing

so I started searching for any JB map and got on the server I started to join Russian JB and I don't understand Russian , I got killed alot but had fun while rebellin'

after a few days I started looking for servers at gametracker and then I came across an american server but still people didn't get there much and I didn't have much fun as I used to, so started to look for a new server and I found something Called HellsGamers #1 JailBreak so I joined and left my computer to download (ppl that 10 Man with me will know about my shitty internet) and took me about 15 min and got in.

I saw people having fun making jokes and admins that actually do something. first few days I had no idea what I was doing I got killed a lot and having NX13 as a lead didn't help me understand but yet something made me stay and it was a great ever then I now play a lot not only jail break my Accent got better my aiming skills got better and I had FUN.

it was still scary~!

I give psychological assistance for a cheap price.

idk if I've ever posted on this stuff but basically my ex and brother were like "css isnt for girls you cant do it" so I told them I could, asked him to put it on for me, brother clicked the first dm server and it happened to be a HG one, told him in two weeks I'd outfrag him, and I did, by then I was hooked and people started asking me to join HG on that server, so I got my own steam acct and joined the community.

Ex is gone, got me a HG-related guy and a css/hg addiction.

Thanks Obama.

• Like 1