Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Dust2 Server

HG News

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would also like to get admin on the dust2 server please you guys have my info already on the iceworld server.

If you want it, then post like everyone else is doing. We are not your servants. Please fill out the application properly.

i've played in servers where the team that doesn't complete the objective gets slayed at the end of the round....

I thought there were too. We just need to find the scripts.

I'm not going to over script the server otherwise the server will start underperforming. We're using mattie for the most part on Dust2 and it doesn't hook right into the engine the way SourceMod does, so if we script it to heavily the server will start to suck.

So far, possible ideas that I'd consider adding are:

1. Slay on a retry

2. Somehow limiting the purchase of equipment

3. Money

Please note that, for the most part, Dust2 is DJs love child and all ideas should be run by him first. If he says no, then you probably won't see it happen.

Slay on retry isn't a bad idea, though I am usually pretty good at spotting that and putting a stop to it. I suppose it would make me tab about 50x less since there are people that rage retry and know they're going to be dead when they rejoin anyway. A little less work for admins, I suppose.

Rebuying isn't usually a big issue, and it's fairly easy to spot if 5000000 flashes come out of CT spawn. I'd say if it's giong to hurt the server performance, this would be the one to nix.

For money, I try to keep money from unbalancing the teams by one team having deagles and the other team having 94 paras. It would be a fairly good way to keep it populated, though. At least if admins aren't around to dispense when it's called for.

I'm not going to over script the server otherwise the server will start underperforming. We're using mattie for the most part on Dust2 and it doesn't hook right into the engine the way SourceMod does, so if we script it to heavily the server will start to suck.

1. Slay on a retry

3. Money

Please note that, for the most part, Dust2 is DJs love child and all ideas should be run by him first. If he says no, then you probably won't see it happen.

so why are we limiting smokes/flashes/nades? i dont see excessive spamming in the server anyways.

1. Slay on a retry

3. Money

then I say no about shit and he cryquits... gg

Think we need to entertain putting the snake skins on the Regular Dust2 server. I was in Dust2 DM other night and had alot of people asking me about getting admin/reserve slots because they liked the snake skins alot. Anything that we can do to make the Dust2 server unique we should at least try it out . Kinda like a trail period.

IM willing to help

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25031865

In-game name: HG | Triggermna73

How long you've been a patron of HG servers: 3-4 months

Why we should select you as an admin for our server: I have never hacked and i make a good admin like i was on certain games.

Think we need to entertain putting the snake skins on the Regular Dust2 server. I was in Dust2 DM other night and had alot of people asking me about getting admin/reserve slots because they liked the snake skins alot. Anything that we can do to make the Dust2 server unique we should at least try it out . Kinda like a trail period.

I am not sure exactly what "trail period" you want us to go on but the snake skins do look really cool.

I am not sure exactly what "trail period" you want us to go on but the snake skins do look really cool.

Noun 1. trial period - a period of time during which someone or something is tested

test period

period, period of time, time period - an amount of time; "a time period of 30 years"; "hastened the period of time of his recovery"; "Picasso's blue period"

probation - a trial period during which an offender has time to redeem himself or herself

probation - a trial period during which your character and abilities are tested to see whether you are suitable for work or for membership