Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Remove Bosses From Trade2

GlimTV

Alright, I think a large portion of the TF2 community can agree with me that the bosses that spawn every so often seem to get a bit annoying. For example when snipers are dueling and the boss comes into spawn and just ruins the duel. Or when you have a high kill streak and the boss ruins that. You could argue that the boss brings both teams together to kill it but that rarely happens when it gets into one teams spawn and just keeps killing them. This is a petition to remove the bosses from Tf2 Trade 2.

• Like 1

I don't think they should be outrightly removed but a longer time for them to spawn would make them more like an actual fun mini event rather than something tedious happening constantly, something like once every hour or so, maybe even two hours.

Edited by Fred.

This plugin was made to increase the fun on our servers. I have seen a lot of people have fun with the bosses so, removing them wouldn't be a good idea. However; I feel that we should add maybe a timer of 750 seconds instead of the current time (400 I think). But, I don't see a reason to just throw away the plugin.

• Like 1

There's really no problems with the bosses on Trade 2. I sometimes get bored on the server so having a random boss spawn in makes it a little fun for me. Kinda stupid to remove a whole plugin because a group of tryhards can't duel with the bosses that run around.

I agree with Combine though. Imperial should increase the timer to at least 750 seconds and then it's fine. :)

Edit: The boss can't kill you deep in the spawn btw. If you're near the spawn exit then that's on you man. You go that far, expect to be killed lol. (unless you're close to the windows then that's understandable)

Edited by brgr.
  • Like 2

The boss spawner was implemented in the trade servers to not only add a cool aspect to the server, but also help out the balance of the teams if one is getting spawn camped badly. Monoculus, Merasmus, skeleton horde, are just a few that almost force the players to go independently fighting against the boss(es) to even out the server. This is critical for keeping server population (both campers and overall server entertainment). I see nothing wrong with the plugin besides the consistency of the spawn rate after the boss dies/leaves from boredom. Increasing the timer to around 700 seconds would be a more reasonable amount of time over 420. Although nonetheless 420 is a good number (lol).

• Haha 1

Leadership has taken this suggestion into consideration and we have determined that we will reduce the amount of spawns of the bosses to three per hour (every 20 minutes). This has been pushed to all of the servers that have bosses currently. The amount of players required for a boss to spawn will remain the same, at 12.

https://hellsgamers.com/forums/topic/109876-tf2-server-updates/?do=findComment&comment=812758