Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Youtube dropped a bomb again.

Alienware

1be.jpeg

Basically, if YouTube feels like you're not making the money then they can delete your channel. This may possibly be the worst thing YouTube is ever done but when you have a Monopoly I guess you can do what you want.

So, lemme get this straight. If you have a Youtube channel, with a bunch of videos but not enough views to be a big channel/get monetization (like me), they think it's no longer "commercially viable" and they can fucking terminate your access to the channel??? might look at this later, wtf lmao. 

Does this apply even if you haven't published any videos in the past few years? If so, that's not right, but I guess like Combine, I shouldn't be surprised.

YouTube being all up there on their high horse, looking down on the rest of us, makes them feel powerful, so they can do whatever is necessary to either make more money, or get rid of the people who have used the YouTube video service for years. It seems that just like triple A game industries producing half-baked games and making poor decisions in the pursuit of money, YouTube might just be doing the same under a shadier guise.

17 hours ago, Chains said:

That makes no sense considering you can have an account to sub to channels and watch videos. I'm not sure what the specifics are though.

Especially for someone like me who pays for Youtube Red.

People think YouTube is just going to go around terminating everyone... which is ludacris. It’s simple, the people the content creators out there that are making money through YouTube, if they deem they are no longer making them money, they will terminate them.

They pretty much just want an excuse for the channels that don’t necessarily upload PG content, and they don’t want them on their platform making money. YouTube is much like other companies such as Fortnite, WWE, and most sites where they cater to the younger generation for the most revenue. 

On 11/20/2019 at 2:54 PM, Meli said:

So, lemme get this straight. If you have a Youtube channel, with a bunch of videos but not enough views to be a big channel/get monetization (like me), they think it's no longer "commercially viable" and they can fucking terminate your access to the channel??? might look at this later, wtf lmao. 

There are two ways I can interpret this: "We'll boot you if you're costing us money", or "We'll end the service completely if we decide we're losing too much on it".