Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[FUNDED] New AMD Ryzen 9 3950X Server

Homer

amd.jpg

Hey everyone I have some exciting news.

I am opening a new Fund starting today to potentually Raise $1,100 USD. All frontpage donations will go towards this Fund.

Other Funds are tied up and allocated for existing projects. Funds for Jailbreak are satisfied so that the server will stay online for many months. Funds for the ZS Server are satisfied because the server supports itsself well. All other game servers need work and do not support themselves well.

This Fund is for a new AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Server box that will outperform all our existing servers. This new server box will be the first owned box for HG and it will be colocated in Dallas Texas, USA. It will be used with a new network we have planned for it and a new IP Block allocated for our CSS, TF2, GMOD, and new games.

Over the last few months I have been testing a new network that leverages Anycast for our game servers with GFL Owner, Roy. (read more here) After many months of testing, the result was positive, which also contributed to the success of the Jailbreak server (Rank #13 in 30days). As a result of our testing, I have decided to move forward with the investment of putting more of our game servers on the Anycast network. To begin, we invested in getting our own IP Block (185.141.204.0/24), which is important because now we will never have to change the game server IPs again (once we start using them) if we need to move to a different datacenter hosting company. We can just point our ips to where we move the server box. Pretty cool!

Below is an example build with the minimum components for a very high performing server running the latest AMD Ryzen 9 3900X chip.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X up to 4.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($429.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: ASRock X470D4U Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($256.08 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($112.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Amazon)
PCPartPicker Total: $904.05
Taxes and shipping cost not included.

Plus a Rackmount Case with Power Supply
CASE: SUPERMICRO SuperChassis CSE-512F-350B Black 1U Rackmount Server Chassis 350W ($172.99 @ NewEgg)

TOTAL: $1077.04 + tax & shipping

I will personally take care of the cost of taxes and shipping, including shipping to the datacenter, and other miscellaneous costs.

If we exceed the donation goal, I will opt for the:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X up to 4.7 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($689.99 @ Amazon)
AND look into Liquid Cooling options.

If we don't meet the goal, that is ok. We will rent something instead for the new network.

I can't wait to show pictures of the build process :) 

Thanks everyone!

>> MAKE A DONATION TO THIS FUND <<
Every amount counts! Thank you for supporting HG during our times of growth!

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Goal Funded! I can't wait to show pictures of the build process :) 

Additional donations this month will go directly towards more upgrades and parts for the server.

A HUGE shoutout and Thank You to those that donated:

@The Peacemaker

@Snowyamur

@EddieCam

@bert

@Icon

@Bepp

@MrRustles

I will write the forum names of all those that donate this month onto the server box!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• Homer changed the title to [FUNDED] New AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Server

We may have to address cooling options first because that is difficult for a 1U case, but other than that depending on the additional donations, we will look into more ram. I will be load testing and testing temps of the server to get everything running stable. Thank you for your donation :) 

Alright ladies and gentlemen,

I am beginning to order parts.

We will be getting the following upgraded specs:

16Core/32Thread CPU AMD Ryzen™ 9 3950X !!!!

CL15 B-Die verified G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 RAM

And 2x SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB NVMe

HUGE THANKS TO:

@Bepp

@EddieCam

And

@CommanderShepard

@nielsfalko

@Asian State Trooper

• Like 6

• Homer changed the title to [FUNDED] New AMD Ryzen 9 3950X Server
  • Homer pinned this topic