Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What New TF2 Servers Would You Like to See?

We're looking for some good suggestions and feedback as to what kinds of new TF2 servers everyone would like to see.

Examples:

• Dodgeball Server
  • Zombie Survival Server
  • Orange Server
  • etc.

Please give your suggestion and some good reasons as to why it would be a fun server to have as well as why it would be an easily populatable and popular server. We would be replacing one of the existing servers with potential new one(s).

orange was good, def not zombie due to needing a large population. dodgeball would be nice but I don't see myself playing on it since it isn't eu, and I doubt anyone else will stay on to gain population.

personally I think we are fine as is :--) although if I had to give something, id say replace one of the trade maps with the original trade 2 map (ive seen a few players saying they would prefer the old version, or maybe for satisfaction on playing there).

I personally really enjoyed all of the listed options you're looking to produce. Personally I think that the Dodgeball Server was the most populated for random-wise. Also with the bot for single player practice, it was always playable. It would be cool to see an Orange server come back, but we currently have a CTF server that's already decently popular. And again, the Zombie server was a success for the first month of it's release, but what I personally feel killed it was just the inability to go against players teamed up on one team, who most of the time just killed the population.

Overall, I would like to see a Dodgeball Server.

I might be alone here, but I would say Slender Fortress.

The original idea is great, but the official version / servers have too much unnecessary content, if the bosses (What you get chased by in SF) were strictly from Source / GoldSrc games or mods, it could be good. Featuring lesser known enemies and monsters from those old horror mods or just S/GS games in general, it could feel like a well rounded server. Just some examples for where you can get some inspiration for bosses for the server and some of the games here already have enemies / monsters in the official version of SF2.

- Paranoia (HL2 Mod)
- Grey Mod (HL2:EP2 Mod)
- Cry of Fear (HL1 Mod)
- They Hunger (HL1 Mod, I would recommend using the High Definition Pack found on MODDB for better quality models / sounds)
- Afraid of Monsters (HL1 Mod, I would also recommend using the Directors Cut version of the mod for better quality models / sounds)

And not to get hopes up high (I doubt this idea will make it past this page kek) I could do some mapping for HG unique maps, I've had a knack for horror related media and I know what to do right and wrong, and I've gotten used to the version of Hammer they use to make the official maps.

Death-run is a particular favorite of mine, it's not something you'd play repeatedly for hours but it's certainly something fun enough to return to after breaks. Populating it could be a struggle. Other than that I think if we could get Jailbreak fixed that would be extremely fun.

jailbreak was ok but I have a feeling even if it was updated + I gave it a new map nobody would play it, since it is like zombie survival and you need a decent population for it to even be fun.

airblasts are delayed on dodgeball for me so I wont see myself on there anymore, oof.

as for deathrun, it is pretty boring in my opinion. adding another plugin (like bhopping) would probably make it less bland and get decent population, and ive seen some servers with this (panda, Romania, etc.)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I personally would suggest a sniper only server. While being on various servers I see that we have a very large amount of regulars that are sniper mains. Sniping on various servers like trade 2 can be fun when Soldiers or heavy's aren't spawn camping and this seems to happen regularly. Id say if we had a sniper only server this would give our sniper mains a good place to practice their skills on an HG server without being murdered by Soldiers and Heavy's.

Now it would be interesting to see the CTF Turbine server turn into a CTF server with ALL of the CTF maps loaded. In addition, we could also add some CTF maps that aren't in the game like game banana maps 

Another server that could be very fun for multiple people would be a community maps server. We could/would have a post for adding maps to the server and the maps could only be from game banana, only thing is it would be very close to wacky maps. So we could also just turn wacky maps into a community maps server allowing the use for all community maps.

• 2 weeks later...

So currently there are no TF2 strange leveling servers. This is due to the server owners having a lack of funding. These server owners do not own gaming communities. They just own servers. Which means the servers have gone down... All of them... Well, the good leveling servers at least... So if HG was to implement a TF2 strange leveling server it could be extremely popular as it would be a one of a kind, but that would only happen if we were to do it properly there are a lot of aspects that we must have in order to complete the task. Lucky I have made my own server a strange leveling server. Which means I know all the aspects and little details that we would have to include to make it a good leveling server. It's an option to think about as it would most likely be popular.

• Haha 1

They're frowned upon by Valve and by GameTracker. They're not down because of lack of funding, they're down because of the negative publicity that's associated with them. The ads those servers rape you with make the hosting cost back plus profit because the CPM rates for MOTDs are far superior to standard website ads. I think the general reason we haven't had those servers already is the fact that HG wants to be in Valve's good books.

• Like 2

we had an afk server before, which could've been seen as a strange leveling server, so I don't think negative publicity is really a problem since we didn't get any then and probably wouldn't get any now if we made another one. it was a pretty perfect afk map and I remember reaching 10k kills on my wrench after about a day from that server lol. it was actually somewhat populated, but I don't think people really join afk servers anymore nowadays. would be nice to test (have one up for about a week and if it doesn't go well just switch it back to the original).

also raping afk players with ads aint so bad. they are afk arnt they?

• Like 1

Yea I remember that server. But it wasn't a proper one. If you have seen the lane servers. Those are proper ones. If we tried to do it, we would need to make a map for it though. Something with lanes. but also have see-through lanes above for madmilk, jarate, and medigun farming. We would also need a section for farming sappers which would just have dispensers or something. And these server owners did claim that they went down due to not having the funds. Those servers are expensive and require people to pay for it. But, in something like hellsgamers. I don't see that as big of a problem because we have a community, they didn't.